Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep

Venue: The Black Sheep
    Time: 7:00 pm

w/ Fair To Midland, Trophy Fire

Re: Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep

oh yes. #4
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Well dredg put on a great show, but there really weren't many people there, which was pretty lame. They definitely get more people in Denver than Colorado Springs.

My fourth show, and I got to meet all of the band minus Gavin. Dino and Drew both seemed really chill, but Mark seemed like he was in a hurry, but he was nice.

definitely a great show either way.

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

This isn't the first report of sparse crowds from this tour. Sad.

Do you remember the setlist?

Comment

actually my brother grabbed one of the setlists from the stage, so if I can find it I'll post it.

it was something like

Another Tribe
          Upon Returning
          Not That Simple
          Bug Eyes
          Whoa is Me
          Information
          Planting Seeds
          Pariah
          90 Hour Sleep
          Lightswitch
          Of the Room
          Down w/o a Fight
          The Thought of Losing You
          Canyon
          Down to the Cellar

I know the order is wrong on some of that, but I'm pretty sure those are all of the songs. The first 4 are right, and the last 2 are also.

-Gnomad

Comment

Originally posted by .cheapham. View Post
            This isn't the first report of sparse crowds from this tour.
            Yeah, I was about to say that. I think I posted it elsewhere already. That is seems they lost lots of fans that did not bother to go to the shows. Which is sad as the current tour is awesome! And they are pretty solid! Hope people will reconsider and give them another chance.
            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

I tried to go to the show, but more to see FTM, but it was on a Sunday in Boise, so I couldn't make that, and they didn't stop in Salt Lake (southeast Idaho is where they need to come).
              I didn't go to the May show based on the reviews, which is where I was planning on picking up the album cuz I figured then the band would get a bigger cut. I should have gone then, because even though the album was awful (ugh can't beleive I broke down and bought it), with the energy (which is what the album was missing thanks to dan) of a live show i bet it was awesome.

However, last show I went to in SLC (the RX Bandits tour), the band was pissy because the crowd was more amped up for RX Bandits, so that was a reason I didn't go too.

How did FTM do? I love their new album

Comment

They were pretty good, definitely got a big crowd reaction. It doesn't quite fit my taste, and some dude with a beard was undergoing an exorcism right next to me so it was a bit difficult to pay attention.

dredg did great though. So much energy despite the lack of people. I was happy at the end when the crowd was chanting "dredg dredg dredg dredg dredg", hoping for an encore (even though I know that almost never happens.)

-Gnomad

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofface View Post
                  dredg did great though. So much energy despite the lack of people. I was happy at the end when the crowd was chanting "dredg dredg dredg dredg dredg", hoping for an encore (even though I know that almost never happens.)
                  Same at the show I saw. And I kinda feel they should reconsider the encores, especially when fans are so much into them and want to hear more. A song or two won't hurt, but the fans would feel great!

Comment

The problem is that encores are supposed to be special. But so many bands have watered it down so much that they just leave the stage with 2 songs left on their setlist and take a 2 minute break.
                    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I agree. But why never do encores? Even when audience is real good and wait and chant for them for a few minutes? I think it would be extra special if they do it sometimes (when audience deserve it )

Comment

They did in St Louis... because we deserved it
                        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I envy

Comment

Working...
                          X