Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New Orleans, LA - House of Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Orleans, LA - House of Blues

Venue: House Of Blues
    Time: 6:30 pm

18+

w/ The Dear Hunter, Balance and Composure, Trophy Fire

Re: New Orleans, LA - House of Blues

Anyone else going to be there? It's a shame Halcyon isn't here any more. I wish I could hang with that guy.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Haha I know, right? I don't really miss NOLA as a whole, but I miss a couple things about it. The job at the HOB was one, and like I said in the other thread, the taco places.

When you're there, if you haven't before, go to Felipe's. And I highly recommend getting chips and queso.

My mouth is drooling just talking about this place.

And of course, enjoy the show.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
        Haha I know, right? I don't really miss NOLA as a whole, but I miss a couple things about it. The job at the HOB was one, and like I said in the other thread, the taco places.

When you're there, if you haven't before, go to Felipe's. And I highly recommend getting chips and queso.

My mouth is drooling just talking about this place.

And of course, enjoy the show.
        I actually spend a pretty good amount of time down there (I was in the Royal Sonesta all last week), but I've never eaten there. Is that in Uptown? Carrollton area?

If you are ever back there any time soon, go to Lebanon's. The sexiest girl I have seen in a really long time is a waitress there. Reminds me of a petite Erika Eleniak from Under Siege..... I couldn't even work up the courage to tell her hello. I'm a decent-looking guy, but that little girl intimidates the shit out of me.

Out of curiosity, were you in the loop on a multi-cam video I was working on from the first HOB show with Circa Survive (2005, I think)? Unfortunately, I was almost finished and the old iMac was stolen. I'm trying to figure out if my old roomie has them on his external hard drive. It really was going to be a fantastic video. You could even hear the fabled "Number 1 Fan from Baton Rouge" proclaiming his badassedness.

Comment

No, Felipe's is on N. Peters, a block away from House of Blues on Decatur. But if you go uptown on Magazine, Garden District, I believe Magazine and St. Mary, totally go to Juan's Flying Burrito. I highly recommend the "Gutterpunk" with added tomato!

Never heard of Lebanon's, but if I ever go back, I'll check it out.

I wasn't in the loop, especially since I was only down there from Dec 09 til Dec 10. But while I was there, toward the end was when Circa came back with dredg. Pretty sure I remember you and your height challenged friend from the pic in the other thread at that show..Oct 26, 2010. You were there, right?
          ---
          Nevermind that last bit. Just checked and saw you weren't there, but I worked in the box office so if you saw any shows when I was living down there, I probably sold you tickets, or gave you will call or something. You guys look so damn familiar to me.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

I'm sure I went to plenty shows at HOB in that time period. On top of that, I've been at basically every show they have played anywhere near Baton Rouge. I'm sure we've run into each other unknowingly. As for Tricky, dude has a routine of yelling "MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" at random quiet moments. It's hard to miss.

Comment

Working...
            X