Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

St Louis, MO - The Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Louis, MO - The Firebird

Are you talking about the bald guy?

Comment

what.the.fuck?!?

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        Are you talking about the bald guy?
        Yes.
        ---
        Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
        what.the.fuck?!?
        Exactly. He had another guy doing it with him in St. Louis.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

It's gotta be the bald guy. He's the only thing I despise about going to concerts. If I had my druthers, I'd totally just have security eject twats like him. Instead I TRY to just enjoy the show as much as I can, while trying to ignore the fuckers.
          ---
          Drew must have been like "oh christ, why do I have to take this stage position?!"

Comment

Oh... eh, that doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
              It's gotta be the bald guy. He's the only thing I despise about going to concerts. If I had my druthers, I'd totally just have security eject twats like him. Instead I TRY to just enjoy the show as much as I can, while trying to ignore the fuckers.
              ---
              Drew must have been like "oh christ, why do I have to take this stage position?!"
              That's what we thought. Drew took off right away after they finished.

But he was hanging out with the band all night long at this show. He was running errands for them inside and outside before the show, and brought out a few broken drumsticks from the soundcheck.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

That doesn't mean he didn't annoy the band. At least Drew just seems to be too nice to tell a fan to go fuck off. Dino on the other hand...(thinks back to the Providence, RI show when Dino comes down to the audience and gets in a concert-goer's face). I believe I've seen Gavin tell concert-goers to basically eff off. Doubt Mark would say anything either, but he's a little guy.

Comment

Yes, us smaller guys tend to keep our mouths shut when in arms reach.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
                    Watch the beginning of Bug Eyes that I recorded... Yup, that's him in the mask...
                    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

The Bald Superfan! I think he's from Des Moines - I've seen him at the Des Moines shows the last couple of years and the show in Iowa City. I remember walking around with my friends well before the show looking for the venue (People's in DSM) and he was sitting outside smoking by himself - I needed to look around no longer. I was expecting to see him in Chicago but I didn't - wife and I were both on the lookout but no luck.

Comment

Drew said the same thing to me about it being only the second time they have done an encore. He said it just felt like the right thing to do with the way the crowd had been the entire night and the way they were feeling on stage. There was an energy running through The Firebird that cant really be expressed through words. This was my 6th time seeing them and by far the best for many reasons. After the show my friends and i met up with Drew and Mark for a few drinks at the bar in The Firebird. When they stopped serving Drew asked me if we would be willing to go have a few more somewhere else. Of course i said YES! So we all hopped in my friends car and went to Flamingo Bowl a few blocks away and had waaaay too many shots before the van came to pick them up to head to Chicago. I still cant get over the fact that i was crammed in my friends car with two of my favorite musicians of all time... completely surreal. Drew actually emailed me the next day to thank me for his hangover lol.
                        Having become friends with Drew over the past few years i can honestly say he is one of the nicest and most caring people i know. I'm going through a really rough time in my life right now and to have this kind of experience was really uplifting so... THANK YOU DREW, THANK YOU DREDG, THANK YOU DREDG FANS IN ST. LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you all gave me something to smile about.

Comment

do they travel on a van?

thought they travel on a tour bus.

awesome experience! i've never had the chance to talk to drew.

Comment

A friend of mine took a video of the bald super fan going ape shit once during a concert in Minneapolis - I'll ask him if he still has it and I'll try to post it here (it's fucking hilarious). I believe he goes to every Dredg show in the Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
                              do they travel on a van?

thought they travel on a tour bus.

awesome experience! i've never had the chance to talk to drew.
                              No bus this tour.

Comment

Originally posted by efpdwd View Post
                                A friend of mine took a video of the bald super fan going ape shit once during a concert in Minneapolis - I'll ask him if he still has it and I'll try to post it here (it's fucking hilarious). I believe he goes to every Dredg show in the Midwest.
                                Completely and utterly horrible quality but my friend dug up the video that he took of this fan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlb92fuI2Wo

Comment

Working...
                                X