Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Los Angeles, CA - El Rey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Los Angeles, CA - El Rey

That's odd they would even make that. It may have been a promotional disc from before they released the full Leitmotif album. Weird that it's surfacing now, I wonder why that is.

Comment

I hope they don't give up Leitmotif...

Comment

Originally posted by Volvox View Post
        I hope they don't give up Leitmotif...
        i hope not either. but it seems like they have.

Comment

They pulled out Yatahaze when I saw them in the spring. I was very pleasantly surprised. Now that would be a very interesting interview question. "Why don't you guys play anything from Leitmotif anymore?" In my opinion they should have one Leitmotif song on every headlining setlist.

Comment

Originally posted by efpdwd View Post
            In my opinion they should have one Leitmotif song on every headlining setlist.
            I second that.

Comment

It's what would be expected. When they release their next CD, I bet we see less El Cielo. As bands grow, they have more music from which to pick and choose, and there's only so much room to fill it in.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I remember at the Troubadour this spring they skipped Yatahze...don't know why but yeah, I'd like to hear more Leitmotif, too.

And sometimes bands just get bored or tired of playing their older material.
                Elements of the past and the future combinin' to make somethin' not quite as good as either!

Comment

I think it was more of a time factor. Not that they didn't want to play it, but more that they ran out of time maybe. Cause after Yatahaze they still had Cellar and horizon to go and it was nearly midnight at the time. So Im sure they Skipped Yatahaze to play let us hear the new stuff. I was still bummed out that they didn't play it though.

Comment

Those samplers are pretty old I think. Pretty sure I still have a few from when they were on Sno Core in 2001 with AAF and Pressure 4-5. They also had the 9-11 stickers there.
                    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Yea, I have the excerpts disc from 2000/2001, nothing special, was a promotional item for the actual cd.
                      - Jon

----------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by gderd
                      dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
                      ----------------------------------------

Comment

The Limousines found them when they borrowed the van a few months ago. I assume they showed the boys in Dredg and they just passed them out to get rid of them.

Comment

Hey folks who attended this show, I have to ask, did they use metal detectors at the door? I'm going to see Mono/Maserati tomorrow, but need to figure out how to get pass the magnetic wands for the Edirol...

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

i dont think so. As long as you dont look nervous or suspicious you'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks, Jamis, I was able to record Maserati that night. I remember earlier this year they were using "Wands" for weapons I guess.

My Skydrive:https://cid-efc3e98cdde49c31.skydriv....com/home.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X