Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theatre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theatre

Venue: Varsity Theatre
    Time: 8:00 pm

18+
    w/ Torche & From Monument To Masses

Buy Tickets

Re: Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theatre

yes I will be there. Not sure when I'll be purchasing my ticket. Probably when they have them available at the Loring Pasta Bar; which may not be until early April based on past experience.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Yeah I'm all about buying tickets through bands but I think I'll pass on that $4 service charge and just go to LPB.

Looks like Torche and Maps & Atlases opening.

Comment

The $4 service charge is in-line with what you'll pay at most places online, and about half the price of what Ticketmaster will charge. But the direct box office is always better.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

WOW! I didn't think they'd be coming back this soon! I'll be there for sure!

Comment

Loring Pasta Bar has em now. I should purchase my ticket for that and the Paper Route show over there this weekend.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

so..Empty and me..anyone else?..there's like 5 maybe 10 people on Mike Portnoy and a couple of other Dream Theater-related forums I know are going.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Just got back. Met Melissa from Madison who snagged a setlist. However, not on said sheet.. the rarity of the evening for dredg was getting to hear "It's Not Worth It" a track not on the upcoming album. I'll never forget it at those 2 Santa Cruz shows.

Otherwise, they played mostly the same set as a number of other shows this leg/tour. New stuff: Savior, Ireland, and I Don't Know..along with a couple of the short pieces/movements. 'Horizon" the last part of TPPD, was pretty. Gavin on guitar actually.

Aside from a few minor sound problems/tech issues involving Mark's guitar and string on Gavin's slide... and a bit of flashburning lights coming behind Dino..this I think was certainly memorable. Even down to the remodeling job @The Varsity (where I'll be tomorrow night for Paper Route).

From Monument to Masses were pretty sweet, and I definitely can see myself getting more into them now. 1 of the better, more unique "Post Rock" bands certainly, and live they did not disappoint.

I dug Torche..especially the 1st couple of energetic, stoner/psych jam numbers. The droney/sludgey material..I'm not sure ever will be my cup of tea.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I hope someone taped the show because I wasn't able to make it.

Comment

Setlist:

Stamp of Origin: Pessimistic
                      Ode to the Sun
                      Catch Without Arms
                      Same Ol' Road
                      Brushstroke: New Heart Shadow
                      Of the Room
                      Ireland
                      I Don't Know
                      Jamais Vu
                      Saviour
                      Sangreal
                      Bug Eyes
                      Jam/Cord Solo
                      It's Not Worth It
                      Triangle
                      The Canyon Behind Her
                      Yatahaze
                      Down to the Cellar
                      Stamp of Origin: Horizon

Awesome show! They seemed like they were having a lot of fun playing tonight. The jam/cord solo started out as the guys just jamming but then Mark and Drew took their cords out of their instruments and started playing just the cord by pressing their fingers against the cord terminus. Mark was modulating the sound with his pedals. Dino decided to go into It's Not Worth It from there on his keyboard and the others guys followed what he was doing and they played about 1/2 of It's Not Worth It. Definately a treat. Yatahaze was intense; it was great to see something from Leitmotif. All the new songs were great as well!

Comment

WOW!! Great setlist! I am jealous! Sounds like a great show!
                        Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

hi soundscape!!! so yeah i'm melissa hahah!!! last night was my 7th dredg show and it was definitely one of my favorites!! i have never been to the varsity it's a very cool venue and a chill atmosphere!! we had a blast!!!

here's cellar and horizon from my digi camera - i also have ireland but it's shaky because i got really excited and was jumping up and down lol so if you want that one ask =D

@ The Varsity Theatre in Minneapolis, MN - 4-10-09

@ The Varsity Theatre in Minneapolis, MN - 04/10/09

xo

Comment

Thanks so much for posting the videos. Did anyone audio tape the show? empty surely did.

Awesome lights show, I am jealous.
                            I record dredg shows

Comment

Great videos!
                              Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Working...
                              X