Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

tabs forbidden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tabs forbidden?

Did i get this right? The MPA wants to ban tabs from the internet cuz of copyright protection? MX-Tabs is down and so ist powertabs

Yeah, you got that right, but it's only tab sites making money off of tabs, so this place, is safe

Comment

holy. crap. that is insane

Comment

re: tabs forbidden?

Damn, I'm reallly pisseds. I used both sites very often. Where's the point? I mean tabs are only transcriptions of certain instruments. It's not like you steel the riff oder own the song when downloading a tab. And it's also very useful for guitar players who can't afford lessons.

Comment

im also pretty angry, whens this site coming back up? or is it not?

Comment

dude, know what's insane? I know the kid that started MXtabs. He's 20 years old and started it when he was about 15.

and that's fucking ridiculous. i mean...i guess i can kinda see where theyre coming from with copywrite laws (take a look at the "very dredg like music thread"), but i cant imagine that anyone who uses those tabs really makes enough money off of them to damage the wealth of the original writers.

usually when i hear someone in a restaurant playing a song that they probably learned using tabs, it makes me want to go and listen to that band/artist...not buy the cd of the actual dude playing cover songs.

Comment

Re: re: tabs forbidden?

Originally posted by cyrinic
              dude, know what's insane? I know the kid that started MXtabs. He's 20 years old and started it when he was about 15.
              You know Jeremy? awesome.. He's the reason I'm such a big dredg fan

Comment

good points. i don't see why you shouldn't be able to interpret your opinion of a tab. i mean, it's not like the website owner is stealing money from the artist. my personal opinion is that these companies that make those "TAB BOOKS" are losing money because more and more people are internet ready and it's so easy to look tabs up online (thus noone buys books anymore). so why can the companies that make the tab books charge 20$ for some shit that a good % of the time isn't accurate? i bet 90% of the tabs and chords i search for online are more accurate than the 20$ tab books. and these people that submit the tabs are just true fans of the songs. oh well, kinda silly to me. it seems like all this stuff snowballed after the Napster incident. just keeps going further and further.

Comment

Re: re: tabs forbidden?

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                  Originally posted by cyrinic
                  You know Jeremy? awesome.. He's the reason I'm such a big dredg fan
                  actually, I knew the guitarist in his first band "Rivendell," and he got me in to dredg.

....do we have the same dredg roots?

Comment

He put up a review of leitmotif on mxtabs ages ago, when he had the "album of the month" thing... I owe him for that, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                      He put up a review of leitmotif on mxtabs ages ago, when he had the "album of the month" thing... I owe him for that, hehe
                      dude! that's exactly how i found dredg too!

Comment

corprate america ruining the small business again. Sigh. :cry:
                        His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

MX tabs is down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Jeremy got tired of running it, I guess

Comment

That sucks, I was gonna put up some dredg tabs...

I found a cool site that has good bass tabs..... bassmasta.net

Comment

Working...
                              X