Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

catch without arms powertab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catch without arms powertab

at the powertab archive www.powertabs.net

sounds pretty good to me, although it's unnecessarily tabbed in drop d when standard works fine and is easier to play

Yeah, I did that. I also did one of Ode to the Sun pending acceptance. I'm really honestly wondering what's up with everybody being so sure they do nothing but standard..because you can just HEAR the low note in the Eb chord there - could hypothetically be the bass, but I didn't want to tab it as an octave up. Also, if I didn't see everyone claiming dredg is standard, I'd DEFINITELY classify this stuff as drop half step... I've only done Catch and Ode, but both have lots of Eb, Db, F, chords much more commonly chosen for the bottom three string type of playing if one's tuned Drop Db. I left both regular drop D, but it's really kind of weird.
    Restore your needed shelter..

Comment

well there's just that one chord in catch that would need a drop or different tuning... i know lots of other songs are tuned different... i'm just not so sure about this one... but you don't need to listen to me, my ear sucks... by the way good job.. i can't wait to see your take on Ode. keep it up man!!! if i have any suggestions i'll let you know... i've been working on the Bug Eyes acoustic with a fellow guitar player, but i'm still a little unsure about a couple of chords

Comment

In the chorus.. I don't hear a second guitar playing those chords at all.. All I hear is the bass playing those notes.

Edit: .. I forgot to compliment your tab, other than that there's no second guitar in the song (according to my ears), that tab was perfect! Keep up the good job

Edit again: Is it possible to get my hands on your ode to the sun tab? I can't seem to download it from powertabs.net yet.. So far your zebra skin tab is really good... that was the last song I expected anyone to tab

Comment

The submission file for Ode is open here: http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=subfile,13879
          Hit the "File" link by my recent comment and it should give you the tab. The first one I had there is the tab in standard Drop D, and then I went and did it a half step down as I really think judging by the way the progression feels like it decends it needs that low note.

You could be right about the bass and such for these things though.. my ear kind of degenerates at lower notes, I am definitely not a bassist ;p it all kind of blurs into sound at the bottom. I can make out the main line in Catch that I did, and I can make out that there's something else carrying the rhythm, but it could very well be the bass I'm hearing. My tab just sounded lacking without the extra chords.

Comment

For some strange reason I can't click where it says "file" even though I'm logged in... Hm.. And I do believe someone mentioned that Ode to the sun was a half step down, or something like that, after seeing them live

You should find a bassist to help you out with these tabs.. It would be awesome to have CWOA completely tabbed out both bass and guitar

Comment

The direct link it goes to is http://www.powertabs.net/killmesarah...879_pryf_2.ptb , hopefully that'll work.. and yeah, adding bass to these would be pretty sweet. I think I'll have bass in my Zebra Skin tab 'cause the person who did the bass tab for it on ultimate guitar happens to be my brother..and maybe I can get him to do the others.

Comment

Alright, I just went and finished that Zebra Skin tab and replaced the old one in my WIPs with the finished one.. http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=wip_tab,5201 if you need it.

Comment

Pryftan,

As I just posted in the Bug Eyes thread, I'm positive both songs are in D Standard tuning (whole guitar down 1 step D G C F A D) - I saw it played from about 15 feet away.

The chord shapes in the intro are
                  Code:
                   Fm   Eb6  Bbm
                  -10---10-------------------------------------
                  -11---10---4--------------------------------
                  -12---10---5--------------------------------
                  -----------5-------------------------------
                  -10---8----3-------------------------------
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  When the verse comes in he switches to playing just the root and high 3rd like this:

Code:
                   Fm   Eb6  Bbm
                  ----------------------------------------
                  -11---10---4---------------------------
                  -----------------------------------------
                  -10---8----3--------------------------
                  The prechorus is like this on the top 3 strings:

Code:
                              1st ending                     2nd ending
                    8X   8X    8X
                  --10---13----10-----13-13--13---13-|---15-----------
                  --8-----8-----8-----10-10--10---9--|---11----------
                  --0-----0-----0--------------------|----0----------
                  The chorus chords are these:

Code:
                    F5      Eb5       Dbadd9   Db5 Dbmaj7       Eb5
                  ---------------------10-------8--7------------------------------
                  --5--------3----------8-------8--8------------3-----------------
                  --5--------3----------6-------6--6------------3-----------------
                  --3--------1----------6-------6--6------------1-----------------
                  I'm working on a full powertab with the exact rhythms and all the nuances etc...

Comment

Looking forward to it.. I saw yours of Not That Simple and it certainly owned what I was doing. I was going to learn to play everything off the CD through my tabbing so I'd know general chords and then could observe the shapes when I go see them in mid-August.. so I suppose if you redo some of mine I'll just go verify yours =P I've done Tanbark as well, that's in my WIPs at powertabs.net (directly http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=wip_tab,5399 )..as you'll see, once I get a general sound for an area I throw in all the strings that work and will remove what's not played once I get to see the song played.

Comment

re: catch without arms powertab

Yeah I need to fix my Not That Simple too - it's also in the D standard tuning, not Eb like I had it before I saw it live...

Comment

I'm impatiently awaiting all of your new tabs, tabs

Comment

Working...
                        X