Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by .cheapham. View Post
    Check out Dino's drumming on "The Thought of Losing You" here:

Pretty incredible if you ask me. It's scaled back on the album, but the live performances are pretty killer.
    Hey thanks for the clip, yea dredg is great live... I havent seen them in years cuz I fail but yea if the cd had that same intensity it would be cool... Are there any live versions of the songs to get lol? If they came out with a live version i would buy it and it would sound much better in my high ass opinion

It seems like they are alot better live now too, maybe i shouldnt have bashed the record , but its still all good dredg its not the songs that arent good, maybe just the versions... Im gona try to go see them live next time around
    play ketchup

Comment

There's a pretty great live recording of their NYC show from this past spring. You should be able to find it in the thread here: http://www.traversingboard.com/showthread.php?t=4978

I was at the show and still listen to that recording somewhat frequently. The live versions have made me like the album versions even more. Another Tribe is a personal favorite right now...I'd put it up there with some of dredg's best honestly.

Comment

Chuckles is the first dredg release since El Cielo that I haven't gone out and bought as soon as I heard it/pre-ordered. This is saying something seeing as I own multiple copies of almost all their other releases (imports, buying LATF twice for the remix, Leitmotif on vinyl, etc etc)

Not trying to contribute another "dredg sux now not buying that" post; just pointing out the obvious; between the MerchNow bundle fiasco and the quality of the material (also the cover to be honest) a lot of things have conspired to make me not purchase this record.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeHomelessGuy View Post
          Chuckles is the first dredg release since El Cielo that I haven't gone out and bought as soon as I heard it/pre-ordered. This is saying something seeing as I own multiple copies of almost all their other releases (imports, buying LATF twice for the remix, Leitmotif on vinyl, etc etc)

Not trying to contribute another "dredg sux now not buying that" post; just pointing out the obvious; between the MerchNow bundle fiasco and the quality of the material (also the cover to be honest) a lot of things have conspired to make me not purchase this record.
          I caved and bought the vinyl at a show, but I was just like you. Pre-ordered it and hen heard it. When the pre-order screw- up happened, I decided to save my money. I just think it will ultimately go down as a botch job.
          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Yeah, I mean, I like it, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that this is probably going to go down as the worst thing they ever did. But hey, they wanted to try something different... on to other things.

Comment

when's the next new album coming out?
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                  when's the next new album coming out?
                  Haven't they said in interviews they want to have a new album every two years now? Thought I remember Gavin saying that at some point recently.

Even if CAMS is their worst album so far, I love that it gave them a new reason to tour with some vigor. That's something, I'd say.

Comment

Yeah I remember Gavin saying that, although I bet if you quoted him with that he'd probably say that was taken out of context, or that he never said that, lol.

i have a feeling we'll see new material in about the same amount of time it took to make Chuckles.
                    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

A little bit of an off topic, but I absolutely LOVED the news songs live last night. Even one of my least likes Down Without a fight was awesome! I knew what I missed most in the album was Dino. Not it's proven. He was a killer live and so were the songs! I guess I can only blame Dan The Automator for the production. As live they sounded like dredg songs and were not out of place or something.
                      The tour is great, I am very happy I was lucky enough to see this set!
                      Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

I still don't see how people are missing Dino on the CD. I hear him distinctly on every song.
                        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Almost all I hear is a drum machine. Maybe it's just me (but I doubt it).
                          Anyway, I don't wanna argue or anything, I just say the songs are much better live and are very much dredg songs, something I can't say for the album versions.

Comment

sang real is all drum machine. people seem to like that song.

not really arguing with you, but just sayin...
                            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                            you're pretty narcissistic
                            enjoy that, nobody else does.
                            Originally posted by Madklikor
                            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I guess people don't understand what a drum machine is, or at least how dredg is using it. There's a difference between it and programmed drums. Programmed drums are like a player piano; you program it to play something and it plays it. A drum machine is like a keyboard; you tell each piece what sound to make and it makes it when you hit it. So Dino is playing every note. The drum is just setup to make a different sound than it normally would.
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

OK, I don't know the terms really. What I feel/hear in the album is that drums sound sampled/programmed/machine or whatever you call it. They are different (better, IMO) live and the songs sound much more like dredg songs. They blended well in the whole set, I was happy with that, so I wanted to share it

Comment

Working...
                                X