Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

I just listened to the new album after not being here in a while... I duno, its alright, but I cant really get into it that much... I don't think it moves them any further musically and the whole album is so sleepy... I know that from Pariah the were focusing on vocals more than the music, now it seems to be all about the vocals, which are good but still where are the crazy Dino drum fills and rhythms, the fast spacey guitar parts, the groovin bass parts, the energy that I loved about the band is fading lol

I found dredg when the released Catch Without Arms, and that is still my favorite record today along w el cielo n leitmotif...In fact i like the songs which didnt make it to the cd's the most.. I can listen to them in any mood and any time and it seems to fit...

The new album ill only put on if i want to chill out or be sad maybe but yea its kind of embarrassing to put on dredg now.. :*(

Who knows maybe ill get into it more though...
    play ketchup

Comment

Well, love it or hate it, this isn't a new direction, and they've said as much. What I got from Gavin and Drew is that this album was really more of a fun project for them. They wanted a break from typical dredg stuff and I think that's why they generally don't care if the fans like this album because it's not intended to be a dredg album. It's a collaboration with Dan the Automator. They've also already hinted that the next album is going to be completely different than this one. So, while I do enjoy it, I understand why many don't. I just don't think anyone really needs to worry that this is what dredg is going to sound like from now on, cause I sincerely doubt it.

Comment

ooo wel Dino better play some cooler drum shit man, he's way too talented to be held back by gavins sexy vocals, get over yourself gavin, we all know ur the best... play some slide guitar or sumthing
        play ketchup

Comment

I heard the next album is basically just Dino playing piano ballads and making weird sounds with his throat; no drums. Randy Jackson has been tapped to produce.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Frank Nit, please, stop It is NOT funny

(off topic: see you july 23d?)
            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
              It's a collaboration with Dan the Automator..
              This should be added as a disclaimer on the front of the album, because it is sold as a dredg album, and I can genuinely say that it was one of the most disappointing albums I've purchased.

To overstate the problem: If I wanted to listen to the Fartinator, I'd go pick up the closest pop album, scratch it a few times, and give it a go.

I have always been happy to pay for any dredg release because I knew that the QC was done. Even with CWA, which I place just before CAMS, there wasn't really a spot on the album that was cringe-worthy. I can't say the same holds true of CAMS, unfortunately. Bottom line, you are paying LP pricing for what amounts to little more than an EP.

With that said, does anyone know what the sales of this one look like compared to the other albums?
              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                To overstate the problem: If I wanted to listen to the Fartinator, I'd go pick up the closest pop album, scratch it a few times, and give it a go.
                I lol'd.
                ---
                It debuted at 177 on the billboard 200. So, sales probably weren't great.

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                  Frank Nit, please, stop It is NOT funny

(off topic: see you july 23d?)
                  I hope so! It's kind of up in the air right now. Just started a new job and it's going to be hard to get that night off. My fingers are crossed, though. I haven't missed a dredg show in Seattle since 2001!
                  Originally posted by vsd
                  ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed for you! The first headlining show in quite a while... I am having a very hard time coming, but I'll drive just for the show and back... Hope to see you there.
                    Sorry for the off-topic. And congratulations on the new job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeparalyzed View Post
                      ooo wel Dino better play some cooler drum shit man, he's way too talented to be held back by gavins sexy vocals, get over yourself gavin, we all know ur the best... play some slide guitar or sumthing
                      Check out Dino's drumming on "The Thought of Losing You" here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xI9FPpgFY

Pretty incredible if you ask me. It's scaled back on the album, but the live performances are pretty killer.

Comment

Yeah, the drums live are amazing for the CAMS songs. The Tent (which I've already shown my love for many times) was a new song for me live. It was far better than it is on the album. Another Tribe is another great example of a song being far better live than on the album. That's the thing, if CAMS WASN'T a collaboration with Automator, it would have been far better. But whatever, it is what it is, and they aren't going anywhere.
                        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

It's funny how the people that like The Tent on the CD think it's bad live... and those that don't like it on the CD think it's much better live.
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Didn't Fawst just say he love it on the album, but even more live?

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                              It's funny how the people that like The Tent on the CD think it's bad live... and those that don't like it on the CD think it's much better live.
                              This.

in other hand, just messaged merchnow about the bundles and they said that they had issues with the dolls and they are going to start sending them today. hope its true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                                I agree. Couldn't stand it on the cd, but it blew me away live. It was so damn heavy.
                                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                                X