Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Those symbols are behind the disc. I forgot, I should have taken it out.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, guys!

Looks great, I like the colours and artwork. Only shame is that missing letter E in Somebody Is Laughing title.

Is there maybe also a third edition of this album, the regular jewel case or regular digipak (with no UV thing)? Anyone got that?

Still thinking which version to buy...

I always love to know all editions that are released by my favourite bands, even if I only manage to buy only one edition of album.

Comment

As far as I know, there's only one version of the CD and one version of the vinyl. And they all have the typo. CD has UV, vinyl does not.
        ---
        Also just realized the vinyl was made in the EU and is on Suberball, but is also subsidized on Vertigo Records. Funny thing is, that Vertigo was also Metallica's overseas label for years. Might even still be.

Is the CD made in the EU as well? I don't see the Vertigo symbol on the CD pics, but I also can't read the copyright info either.

Originally posted by CAMS Vinyl
        ℗ + © 2011 Ohlone Recordings, under exclusive license to Universal Music Domestic Rock/Urban - a division of Universal Music GmbH, All rights of the producer and of the owner of the recorded work reserved. Unauthorised copying, reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance and broadcasting of this record prohibited. Made in the EU. LC14513. 06025 2769313 2.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

what d'you guys think about the production of this last album and Dan the Automator?

Comment

i'd say read the previous 30 or so pages of this thread to find out
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by Fabio D'Amore View Post
              what d'you guys think about the production of this last album and Dan the Automator?
              well, personally...i haven't listened to it yet.

give me time...patient time.
              [QUOTE=gtrplyr7;176776]I'll never stop looking for new music but I find the older I get, the less new music appeals to me and the more I end up going back to older stuff. I think everyone has that decade of music that they could really relate to. For me, it was the 90s...[/QUOTE]
              [QUOTE=Gnomad;176814]I don't look for new or old music. I kind of just let it find me. I prefer it that way. I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to like certain things. It's all about being in the right setting and mood when you first hear it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

After seeing them last night I'm more convinced than ever that production of it just isn't her good. The Thought of Losing You really stood out. That song sounded drab and boring on the album. It was sick live. The energy and emotion was just sapped in the studio version.
                ---
                Were...
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Kind of understand that - first listens were a bit shocking (compared to the massive Pariah production) - but now it's definitely flying as well. It's a completely different school of mixing and arranging.

I am sure live there's a complete different sensation on the new songs

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                  After seeing them last night I'm more convinced than ever that production of it just isn't her good. The Thought of Losing You really stood out. That song sounded drab and boring on the album. It was sick live. The energy and emotion was just sapped in the studio version.
                  ---
                  Were...

Comment

I really like the production and Dan the Automator influence on the new album. Very layered and creative.

Comment

The live versions of the songs are incredible. Dino and Mark really shine through on the live arrangements, Dino in particular takes the songs to a whole new level. This album would have been so much better if it had been typical dredg with some nice electronic components thrown in. I still love it, but I shed a tear for what could have been.
                      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

I do believe and agree with this. But as said above, it's definitely creative and the influence is really strong. From one side I do love it, from the other I would have thought a completely different thing - but as usual - they surprise us

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                        The live versions of the songs are incredible. Dino and Mark really shine through on the live arrangements, Dino in particular takes the songs to a whole new level. This album would have been so much better if it had been typical dredg with some nice electronic components thrown in. I still love it, but I shed a tear for what could have been.

Comment

To me some of the songs sound like they're recorded in a garage. Some songs are too bass heavy. Some songs sound pretty damn good production wise. It's really a mixed production, u can tell some songs were tracked in various studios. But, what can u do! I enjoy this record especially after seen many a number of the new songs performed live. Down without a fight was my least favorite but after seen performed live a few times it really grew on me alot. All in all, I really enjoy the Chuckles album and I can't wait to c them again in August

Comment

For the record, I bought the vinyl.
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Anybody heard anything about the mega bundle? I assume May 29 counts as late May.
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i thought it was shipping on the 31st?
                                Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                                you're pretty narcissistic
                                enjoy that, nobody else does.
                                Originally posted by Madklikor
                                You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Working...
                                X