Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    The only complaints I don't like are the ones that claim "The band got lazy." I've worked on games that got reviewed and I worked my fucking ass off and I've seen reviewers claim that me and my team were "lazy". Fuck that. Fuck those guys so hard. You don't have to like it, and I think there are some very valid reasons for not appreciating this album... but don't call the band lazy, that's just fucked up. You weren't there, you don't know how much was put into this, so as far as that's concerned, just shut your fucking mouth and stick to what you do know.

Sorry, mini-rant over.
    I've said it myself, and I'll stick up for it again: When I say it's my opinion that it sounds lazy, of course I don't KNOW whether they gave it their all or not, it's just my opinion that it doesn't in fact sound (to me) like much effort was put into it. Think about the consequences of it NOT being true, maybe they worked painstakingly on this album... uh oh... That doesn't bode well then. If so much effort was put in to get simple beats and note progressions, things aren't looking too good.

To counter your story, I've written lyrics before and showed a friend that I sometimes collaborate with, he said: "hmm, you didn't put much work into these did you?" He was right, I didn't, he could tell. The only reason he had to tell was because he was basing it off past work. It's enough.

In my opinion people need to shut the fuck up telling people HOW they can critique something, and just let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
      it doesn't make anyone a better fan. all it means you have more money to throw away. i can't afford to spend money on things i don't like.
      I agree Sangreal, however my comment is directed at those who could purchase the album but won't because of the direction of the album. I definitely understand the economic situation of our time and unfortunately my comments were not specific enough.

If you have the means to support a band (dredg in this case) and choose not to, then I stand by my comment. If you don't like the album and you can't support the band due to a financial situation, then that is whole different situation.
      Holoogamooga:
      It made me kind of sad when I'd talk about Thursday, the band, in high school and everyone would just look at me and say something snarky about the day of the week.

Comment

Buying a CD helps the band far less than buying a concert ticket or a shirt. Unless they have a 360 deal, which I'm sure dredg does not.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
          Buying a CD helps the band far less than buying a concert ticket or a shirt. Unless they have a 360 deal, which I'm sure dredg does not.
          I think most people know that . . . you are missing the point of my comments.
          Holoogamooga:
          It made me kind of sad when I'd talk about Thursday, the band, in high school and everyone would just look at me and say something snarky about the day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
            I've said it myself, and I'll stick up for it again: When I say it's my opinion that it sounds lazy, of course I don't KNOW whether they gave it their all or not, it's just my opinion that it doesn't in fact sound (to me) like much effort was put into it. Think about the consequences of it NOT being true, maybe they worked painstakingly on this album... uh oh... That doesn't bode well then. If so much effort was put in to get simple beats and note progressions, things aren't looking too good.

To counter your story, I've written lyrics before and showed a friend that I sometimes collaborate with, he said: "hmm, you didn't put much work into these did you?" He was right, I didn't, he could tell. The only reason he had to tell was because he was basing it off past work. It's enough.

In my opinion people need to shut the fuck up telling people HOW they can critique something, and just let it go.
            "It sounds lazy." and "The band got lazy." aren't the same thing. You've always spoken to your opinions, and I haven't had a problem with that. You're not proclaiming to state facts. That's what I'm speaking to. Chill out, bro.

Comment

I don't know of anybody here that has said they will not support the band. In fact, most people have said they'll be buying a shirt, just not the CD. A lot have also indicated they'll be at concerts. What you are arguing is that a "better fan" buys every CD even if they don't like the CD.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

"It sounds lazy." and "The band got lazy." aren't the same thing. You've always spoken to your opinions, and I haven't had a problem with that. You're not proclaiming to state facts. That's what I'm speaking to. Chill out, bro.
                meh, it's not so different anyway. It would be really weird if a person was proclaiming they knew the band in fact got lazy when they didn't know. I guess your problem would be with some form of schizophrenia then. Some things just have to be taken as opinion even if it isn't stated as such.

Comment

The difference is one speaks about the music and one speaks about the band and their effort. Plenty of reviewers do it, and yeah, you're right, it should be taken as opinion. But I really think these guys believe they know, especially because critics tend to put themselves above art. It comes with the territory, to assume you know more than you do. But you're a music fan, you're not a reviewer.

I guess your problem would be with some form of schizophrenia then.
                  I don't even know what you're trying to say here, but yeah, sure.

Comment

I don't know of anybody here that has said they will not support the band. In fact, most people have said they'll be buying a shirt, just not the CD. A lot have also indicated they'll be at concerts. What you are arguing is that a "better fan" buys every CD even if they don't like the CD.
                    Again, you have missed the point of my comments. But it really doesn't matter if you understand my comments or not.
                    Holoogamooga:

Comment

I don't know what your point was, but I do know what you said. Perhaps your point was not made very clearly if so many people are misinterpreting it.

Comment

I don't know what your point was, but I do know what you said. Perhaps your point was not made very clearly if so many people are misinterpreting it.
                        If you don't understand my point, maybe you shouldn't comment. I can't control how you interpret my text, so que sera, sera.

"So many people?" Two? . . . that was 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
                        Holoogamooga:

Comment

The guy is a better fan than I am. Clearly. No need to argue with him
                          I think we can all agree here. I am the asshole in most instances.
                          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I don't even know what you're trying to say here, but yeah, sure.
                            My point is that nobody knows but the band as to whether they truly are being lazy, so it's kind of schizophrenic to say otherwise if you don't personally know them or were involved in the recording process. So most people, no matter how they say it, are running on opinion.
                            ---
                            Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                            The guy is a better fan than I am. Clearly. No need to argue with him
                            I think we can all agree here. I am the asshole in most instances.

True fan = Sticking with them forever. Even if that means an album is released that is comprised of only spoons and xylophones and vocal warmups.

Sigh, now I'm an asshole too...

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                              I am the asshole in most instances.
                              shrug i think we all are.

True fan = Sticking with them forever. Even if that means an album is released that is comprised of only spoons and xylophones and vocal warmups.
                              are you talking about man man?
                              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                              you're pretty narcissistic
                              enjoy that, nobody else does.
                              Originally posted by Madklikor
                              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                                are you talking about man man?
                                Either that or NIN's Ghosts CD.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Working...
                                X