Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

I have been listening to this version of the Ornament over and over...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Such an awesome song...not sure if the album version just isn't as good or if it's just more powerful live...

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
      It's sad comments from people who are butthurt that they don't have 5 different albums that are imitations of El Cielo.
      And what I'm arguing against regarding this particular stance is people making comments like "THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER EL CIELO"....It's not going to happen.

I don’t know why I feel I have to defend this, but I’ll give it another go:

I’d put my money down that nobody wants an El Cielo clone, I don’t know why people keep thinking that the El Cielo lovers do. Most people I know wish to see an album of El Cielo CALIBER. That’s the important distinction. There are plenty of options and ways to make an album of that CALIBER while changing things up to keep things fresh and exciting.

Keep in mind though that this is my OPINION (which I share with some others). You may not even like El Cielo or understand what I mean by its caliber, and that’s ok, you don’t have to, and I’d certainly be hard pressed to explain myself if I had to. But being dismissed as a “THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER EL CIELO” caller is just as bad as some of the extreme things people are saying on the negative side. You don’t know what dredg wants to do or not do, so nobody but them can say whether they’re going to make another album of its caliber. Let people keep their hope though ffs…

Comment

Originally posted by SandraBullock View Post
        I have been listening to this version of the Ornament over and over...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Such an awesome song...not sure if the album version just isn't as good or if it's just more powerful live...
        As I said, it is my most favourite version and I find it very powerful. It is amazing in its simplicity! The voice is clear and beautiful, the music and all its elements fits perfectly.
        Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Just to clarify that when I say Facebook, I will mean dredg's FB (unless I say otherwise) because they have 60,000+ likes on there so there's bound to be differing opinions. It's kind of silly to think there would be an overwhelming negative response on Gavin's actual profile. Most people wouldn't bother adding him and if they did, most of them would be too pussy to be like "GAVIN, CHUCKLES SUCKS, THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU" or whatever. The fan page is for fans to discuss. And there has been just as much negativity as positivity on there. On the band's actual profiles, there would obviously be a bias FOR the album.

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
          I don’t know why I feel I have to defend this, but I’ll give it another go:

I’d put my money down that nobody wants an El Cielo clone, I don’t know why people keep thinking that the El Cielo lovers do. Most people I know wish to see an album of El Cielo CALIBER. That’s the important distinction. There are plenty of options and ways to make an album of that CALIBER while changing things up to keep things fresh and exciting.

Keep in mind though that this is my OPINION (which I share with some others). You may not even like El Cielo or understand what I mean by its caliber, and that’s ok, you don’t have to, and I’d certainly be hard pressed to explain myself if I had to. But being dismissed as a “THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER EL CIELO” caller is just as bad as some of the extreme things people are saying on the negative side. You don’t know what dredg wants to do or not do, so nobody but them can say whether they’re going to make another album of its caliber. Let people keep their hope though ffs…
          Oh please. Why are you being so defensive and ending your post like that? I'm not attacking you. And "let people keep their hope" this is not a life and death situation, and you don't need to say "for fuck's sake", as I was not shooting anyone down here...

"You don't know what dredg wants to do" - When did I say I did know...? Why are you completely twisting the subject here?

And why imply I don't like El Cielo? I fucking love that album, it's amazing. And like most people on here, I think it's miles beyond Chuckles.

I’d put my money down that nobody wants an El Cielo clone, I don’t know why people keep thinking that the El Cielo lovers do.
          And I wouldn't make claims like I did if I didn't see them. I've seen specific comments on dredg's Facebook as well as comments on YouTube videos of the new songs that actually say "make another el cielo" "go on acid and make another el cielo" it's not me just making it up.
          Last edited by Lara; April 18, 2011, 10:51 PM.
          last.fm

Comment

Oh please. Why are you being so defensive and ending your post like that? I'm not attacking you. And "let people keep their hope" this is not a life and death situation, and you don't need to say "for fuck's sake", as I was not shooting anyone down here...
            As my post would indicate, I'm being defensive because I'm defending those that want dredg to go back to the caliber of albums they used to make. You're correct, it's not a life and death situation, comments like yours about going back to El Cielo are nothing new, don't confuse the time I had to post on this board with my viewpoint with fanaticism, I truly don't care in the long run, but this is a discussion board. I'll say whatever i want however. Thanks.

I was not shooting anyone down here...
            but the fact that you care SO much as to vomit in your mouth while listening to one of the songs is just sad. Like, really sad.
            "You don't know what dredg wants to do" - When did I say I did know...? Why are you completely twisting the subject here?
            people making comments like "THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER EL CIELO"....It's not going to happen.
            And why imply I don't like El Cielo? I fucking love that album, it's amazing. And like most people on here, I think it's miles beyond Chuckles.
            I didn't imply anything as I used the word 'may'. You love El Cielo. Cool.

And I wouldn't make claims like I did if I didn't see them. I've seen specific comments on dredg's Facebook as well as comments on YouTube videos of the new songs that actually say "make another el cielo" "go on acid and make another el cielo" it's not me just making it up.
            I'd still bet that they don't specifically want another El Cielo, what does that mean anyway? An album full of part 2 versions of the same songs? I'd bet that they mean caliber. But I was only sticking up for people here. So whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
              As my post would indicate, I'm being defensive because I'm defending those that want dredg to go back to the caliber of albums they used to make. You're correct, it's not a life and death situation, comments like yours about going back to El Cielo are nothing new, don't confuse the time I had to post on this board with my viewpoint with fanaticism, I truly don't care in the long run, but this is a discussion board. I'll say whatever i want however. Thanks.
              Okay...?

I didn't imply anything as I used the word 'may'. You love El Cielo. Cool.
              I'm just being blunt and honest. It won't happen, as dredg have continued to drift more and more away from that sound. And vomiting over a song is pathetic, that's not an opinion. There are worse things to so drastically over-react over.

I'd still bet that they don't specifically want another El Cielo, what does that mean anyway? An album full of part 2 versions of the same songs? I'd bet that they mean caliber. But I was only sticking up for people here. So whatever.
              Well if they say "another El Cielo" I interpret is as El Cielo Part 2. You interpret it differently. Cool.
              last.fm

Comment

It's kind of silly to think...
                Thanks for calling my thinking silly
                Last edited by InfraredDream; April 19, 2011, 01:41 AM.

Comment

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Hahahahah
                    I don't think anybody really wants another El Cielo

Comment

This discussion has gotten really repetitive.

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                        Thanks for calling my thinking silly
                        ok

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                        Hahahahah
                        I don't think anybody really wants another El Cielo
                        lol

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                        This discussion has gotten really repetitive.
                        hi
                        hahaha
                        last.fm

Comment

I wish they would just re-record El Cielo.
                          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

But with banjos and electric drums. Oh and a standing bass.
                            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

And a jug.

Comment

Personally I think tptptd is up there with El Cielo.

*hides*
                                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Working...
                                X