Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Says the guy with "I eat babies" under his name... and I LIKE it.

Comment

I'm normal-ish.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
        Every song on the album is completely intolerable. Is that not reasonable?
        Not for me. As I, personally, am not bashing the album or the band in general - I don't think I would ever do that. I don't like specific things about the album and I did mentioned some of them already, nobody really added to the discussion much than somebody saying he likes how the beat in The Ornament is different than the voice and I like to see that perspective. I am actually talking about the extreme comments, I don't like extremes in both directions - too positive or too negative. Let's just say I don't really like the aggressive speaking, no matter what cause or opinion it is about.

Which is exactly what people need to get over.
        See, no offense really, but that is a good example of the way of speaking I personally don't like. You know, I don't need to get over anything. Art is art. This album is supposed to be art. I appreciate dredg's will to change, to take it easy, to have fun, etc., etc. And I still don't need (and won't) change my expectations or my standards to the music I like to listen. I may force myself or give a chance to a piece of art. If it doesn't speak to me, it doesn't, I move on to another one that will give me something I am looking for in the music I listen. That is all. That doesn't mean I will bash the band or won't support them or won't follow. Right?

The negative comments on here are much more ridiculous than the positive ones and I think we all can DEFINITELY agree on that.
        Well, depends. There are some pretty offensive positive comments as well.

If not, take a closer look around Facebook and YouTube, besides this forum.
        I do. People on Gavin's wall call the album phenomenal. Well, this is not exactly the word I would use for it. But that is just me.

And what I'm arguing against regarding this particular stance is people making comments like "THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER EL CIELO"....It's not going to happen.
        Totally agree on this one. And they don't need to. Searching for a change and a different direction with each album is something I really appreciate in the band. The risk is that sometimes it might not lead exactly to something that goes well with my taste in music. And that is perfectly fine by me.

Okay that makes sense. I was just being a little cautions then and was anticipating some kind of intense rage between everyone.
        Well, once you start to know me better, or at least my virtual self, you will understand I never anticipate rage or anything even remotely connected with that. This is a discussion forum, this is what I am here for.

Now you're confusing me....You just mentioned it would be more of an old vs new fan thing, and I was just clarifying.
        Please, read exactly what I said to Gnomad one more time, you will see it was an obvious joke as it have words like "pattern" and all that.
        Welcome to the board, no offense in ANY level, let me make that clear!

Now, can we get back to the discussion, please.
        Last edited by InfraredDream; April 18, 2011, 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling! Note to self: Start reading BEFORE posting!
        Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

This is a better discussion than the previous ones.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            Says the guy with "I eat babies" under his name... and I LIKE it.
            Haha, touchè! Of course, I haven't changed much of my profile in a few years, and I'm way different now, but I still have my crazy tendencies, but for the most part, like Ars said, I'm normal-ish.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
              Not for me. As I personally am not bashing the album or the band in general - I don't think I would ever do that. I don't like specific things about the album and I did mentioned some of them already, nobody really added to the discussion much than somebody said he likes how the beat of The Ornament is different than the voice and I like to see that perspective. I am not talking about the extreme comments, I don't like extremes in both directions - too positive or too negative. Let say I don't really like the aggressive speaking, no matter what cause or opinion it is about.
              Alright, that's fine with me, and I get that.

See, no offense really but that is a good example to way of speaking I personally not like. You know I don't need to get over anything. Art is art. This album is supposed to be art. I appreciate dredg's will to change, to take it easy, to have fun, etc., etc. And I still don't need and won't change my expectations or standards to the music I like to listen. I may force myself or give a chance to a piece of art. If it doesn't speak to me, it doesn't, I move on to another that will give me something I am looking for in the music I listen. That is all. That doesn't mean I will bash the band or won't support or won;t follow. Right?
              I'm not saying you, it was a general statement. I know you're not doing that. But there are plenty of people who are.

Well, depends. There are some offensive positive comments as well.
              Such as?

I do. People on Gavin's wall call the album phenomenal. Well, this is not exactly the word I would use for it. But that is just me.
              Obviously the wrong thing to refer to. I meant dredg's FB fan page. Not a band member's profile.

Totally agree on this one. And they don't need to. Searching for change and different direction with each album is something I really appreciate in the band. The risk is that sometimes it might not be exactly my taste in music. And that is perfectly fine by me.
              Yep.

Well, once you start to know me, or at least my virtual self, more you will understand I never anticipate rage or anything even remotely connected with that. This is a discussion forum, this is what I am here for.
              As am I.

Please, read exactly what I said to Gnomad one more time, you will see it was an obvious joke as it have words like "pattern" and all that.
              Welcome to the board, no offense in ANY level, let me make that clear!
              It's kind of hard to interpret exactly how one is speaking on the internet.

Now, can we get back to the discussion, please.
              This isn't a discussion? Wow, thanks...
              ---
              Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
              This is a better discussion than the previous ones.
              glad someone isn't thinking my posts are irrelevant...:P
              last.fm

Comment

Such as?
                Sorry, don't really have time to go back and read all these pages Just my impression overall.

Obviously the wrong thing to refer to. I meant dredg's FB fan page. Not a band member's profile.
                Wasn't obvious for me though, you said FB, not band's official page. And I guess there are all kinds of comments everywhere as fans are different - some love, some hate, some accept. That's the way it goes

It's kind of hard to interpret exactly how one is speaking on the internet.
                Exactly. Thus, don't be so fast to take offense especially when I said several times it was a joke.

This isn't a discussion? Wow, thanks...
                It is an off-topic discussion about the way fans take stuff, not relevant to the topic "Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy".

glad someone isn't thinking my posts are irrelevant...:P
                WOW. What can I say. I guess that is my last post trying to explain anything. You should be able to see if you want to get the guard down and really read my words.
                Last edited by InfraredDream; April 18, 2011, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                  Exactly. Thus, don't be so fast to take offense especially when I said several times it was a joke.
                  But I'm not "so fast to take offense"...assuming that I am is more irritating then me actually doing so. :P

It is an off-topic discussion about the way fans takes stuff, not relevant to the topic "Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy".
                  Still a discussion in itself, and indirectly related to the album - the way it's being received, rather. Not a big deal.

Sorry, again. I'm not phrasing myself too well here, there's just been some miscommunication. Anyway.
                  last.fm

Comment

I have yet to see a fruitful discussion about differerent musical tastes. People have different opinions of this album (as well as every other album ever made.) No positive comment will ever make anyone reconsider their negative opinion of the album, and no negative comment will stop anyone else from liking the album as well.

Obviously this thread can only serve as a list of people's different opinions. A lot of people (not only in here) seem to confuse musical taste and rational arguments though...
                    I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                      A lot of people (not only in here) seem to confuse musical taste and rational arguments though...
                      Well said. So true!

Comment

A lot of people (not only in here) seem to confuse musical taste and rational arguments though...
                        Sorry if I came across like that...lol
                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                          Obviously this thread can only serve as a list of people's different opinions. A lot of people (not only in here) seem to confuse musical taste and rational arguments though...
                          Yeah, that's the main problem I have.

"I love this album, therefore it is amazing and anyone that disagrees with me is clearly wrong and hates dredg."

"I hate this album, therefore it is terrible and anyone that disagrees with me is clearly wrong and has no taste in music."

How about "I like this album which means it's good enough for me to listen to." or "I don't like this album so I'm not going to listen to it."? Why does it have to reach weird extremes?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                            How about "I like this album which means it's good enough for me to listen to." or "I don't like this album so I'm not going to listen to it."? Why does it have to reach weird extremes?
                            I guess it is called Internet. I got to that conclusion several years ago and it was some-what influenced by this very board as well as other places

It is very difficult to use rational agruments when you discuss art though. Not easy to dig into your mind and soul and try to explain in a rational way why you love or hate something. But still extremes are not good. And it is not very rational to hate the band just because they followed their hearts and went to a direction some fans are not fond of. I personally love and appreciate them way too much to allow that to happen.
                            Music is art, personal taste is difficult to be explained thus I believe the artist has to what he/she feels. If people like it that is great, if not, well, at least you stay true to yourself. How can you hate an artist just because you don't connect to part of his/her art?

Comment

Another review I just came across:
                              Release Date: May 3, 2011 Reviewed by Chris Johnston I’d have loved to be at the studio with these guys while this record was being recorded. I believe th
                              I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Kind of bummed that the only leak that's out there still is the webstream sourced one. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X