Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    I have question for you. Do you think that bit is looking at that negatively, as if it were mocking that ideal, or is it reinforcing that idea? Because for me, that whole song is about how "taking the high road" sometimes gets you no where, but Gavin is weird sometimes and throws in a contradiction.
    Well first of all, i think the lyrics lend a pretty good idea of what he is talking about... but what people he is talking about i do not know. Does anyone actually?

But i think he's saying it literally, and im saying that because i believe that to its fullest meaning. I can see how you could think its being contradictory, but i think he's saying these people that just "got up and left" are viewing it as they don't want the war and if they believe that positive things are on the horizon then who is anyone to tell them that they're decision was wrong... positive things are ahead because we think positively. I mean... i view it the same as Karma... and i truly believe in both ways of thought.
    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I guess I'm the weird one. That sounds more like what it might really be about. I tend to look at Gavins lyrics from the completely opposite perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        I guess I'm the weird one. That sounds more like what it might really be about. I tend to look at Gavins lyrics from the completely opposite perspective.
        Im just glad there are still people with different perspectives. Thats why they call it art son!
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
          and as far as "gavin writing bad lyrics"... i used to be just a dude that loved music on here. Now i feel im a guy that loves music that also tries his hardest to write good music... and i just hate people that sit there and talk shit all day long when they haven't done anything to a degree of what gavin has done. El Cielo's lyrics are GENIUS, just like the whole album. Catch without arms for me was a little corny, but i think gavin's musical taste is a little corny. All together i enjoy his vocals and lyrics. And to say he writes "bad" lyrics, is just simply ignorant.
          I don’t think “Gavin writes bad lyrics”, I think Gavin has written decent lyrics in the past. I’m just saying that I think they’ve become worse and worse over the last few albums, to the point that they’re NOW just pretty bad. I think he has the capability of writing good lyrics, he just needs to pay more attention and take more care. To say that nobody here has written anything to the degree that Gavin has… I’d challenge that. I bet plenty of people here could write better passages. And an opinion is never ignorant.

For instance, i dislike the band The Who very heavily. But for me to sit here and tell you that i thought they were all bad musicians i'd be a complete and utter idiot.
          Well, what are we talking about here, all musicians, or lyrics?

edit: also, one of my favorite dredg lyrics of all time are on this album. "believing positivity, breeds positive happenings"
          And see, this is one of the lyrics on the album that makes me shrug and go, ‘ok’, the use of the word happenings is kind of bad, it’s like saying ‘stuff’. There’s nothing special about it at all, it’s just a blab. 311 have been using lines like this since 1988 (which is another couple of lyricists who’ve devolved embarrassingly)

But if you enjoy it, don't let us naysayers get you down, have fun enjoying.

Comment

I'm fucking pissed this record didn't sound more like Boyz II Men

Comment

"last few albums"

no bad lyrics on Catch Without Arms, THANK YOU
              last.fm

Comment

Just found this review, hope it wasn't posted before:
                Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.
                I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

I saw it in another thread but I forgot where
                  last.fm

Comment

Purple LP up in the store for Pre-order.
                    Wild illusions dictate MY next move.

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
                      "last few albums"

no bad lyrics on Catch Without Arms, THANK YOU
                      Except for all of Matroshka.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

that is the one i listen to the least....

----------------------------------------
                        chuckles //

so many people looking for answers
                        so many people blindly convinced
                        so many people looking for answers
                        so many people forget to exist
                        we're on our own
                        WE'RE ON OUR OWN
                        WE'RE ON OUR OWWWWWWWWWWN

i don't know what just happened to me
                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                          Just found this review, hope it wasn't posted before:
                          http://www.examiner.com/local-music-...squeezy-review
                          I feel like that's so clearly written by a fanboy with their head in the sand. 5 stars? So it's a perfect record. Ok.

Comment

here is where it was posted before //
                            last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by rossimo View Post
                              I feel like that's so clearly written by a fanboy with their head in the sand. 5 stars? So it's a perfect record. Ok.
                              If it's the type of music you like, then why can't it get 5 stars?
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                                If it's the type of music you like, then why can't it get 5 stars?
                                that's similar to what i said in the other thread!
                                shiiiit, sycro gets it.
                                high 5
                                last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                X