Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
    oxymoron
    True, but my they are solid earphones. My point being, I'm not listening on my laptop speakers and it still sounds poorly recorded.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

my wife just got rick rolled by one of those "fill out this survey: download the file" sites, when will this insanity end!?

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
        I disagree. I hear that a lot, especially with Fair to Midland, but I just don't get it. What some people call 'character' in Coquette or Inter.Funda.Stifle, or the demos or what have you, I call rough, dull and pitchy.

I'm all for perfection in the recording. And there's a reason why the major label producers get paid by major labels. I agree they can tone down the "loudness wars" though, but I'd take that over an out of tune half-job.
        I was certainly not talking about Inter.Funda.Stifle. I meant the 4 newish demos specifically (Bright Bulbs and Sharp Tools, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Musical Chairs, and A Loophole in Limbo). The overarching point, though, is that the production/mixing/engineering on Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy is not good.
        ---
        Originally posted by hand_of_change View Post
        my wife just got rick rolled by one of those "fill out this survey: download the file" sites, when will this insanity end!?
        Ha, I came across one of those, too. I didn't fall for it. I saw survey and F4 was the next keystroke.
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
          I think I'm going to go into this album as if it were a Gavin/DTA side project.

I hope Mark and Dino found something to do these past two years. Maybe they scored another movie?
          Maybe instead of throwing together a "dark pop" quickie, Mark and Dino have been spending their time writing what should have been the true follow up to El Cielo.

Probably not, but a man can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by radmir View Post
            i thought only my Polish internet connection couldn't do it with that second video, so i don't know either and... i kinda liked the first one, too. kinda

besides... Jen can't be wrong. she's got a nice smile!
            Fuck Jen and her nice fucking smile! The second video she linked was Careless Whisper!!!

CARELESS. WHISPER.

Not only is she horrendously wrong in her comparison, but she's trying to say that CARELESS WHISPER is a bad song! FUCK THAT BITCH.

*ahem*

Yeah, so the second video she linked was Careless Whisper, by Wham. I think it was a Vevo exclusive, probably unavailable outside the US.
            Last edited by Fawst; April 7, 2011, 11:04 PM.
            A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

I WANT LEAK

seriously these samples sound great

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                I was certainly not talking about Inter.Funda.Stifle. I meant the 4 newish demos specifically (Bright Bulbs and Sharp Tools, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Musical Chairs, and A Loophole in Limbo). The overarching point, though, is that the production/mixing/engineering on Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy is not good.
                ---

Ha, I came across one of those, too. I didn't fall for it. I saw survey and F4 was the next keystroke.
                I have those 4 demos (as well as IFS) and after hearing the album I was also disappointed with Musical Chairs. It lacks the power that demo has and it also feels pieced together (the guitar solo slapped in on the end).

Come to think of it, it sounds as if the album version should be the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                  Fuck Jen and her nice fucking smile! The second video she linked was Careless Whisper!!!

CARELESS. WHISPER.

Now only is she horrendously wrong in her comparison, but she's trying to say that CARELESS WHISPER is a bad song! FUCK THAT BITCH.

*ahem*

Yeah, so the second video she linked was Careless Whisper, by Wham. I think it was a Vevo exclusive, probably unavailable outside the US.
                  wtf she crazy

Comment

They kinda ruined Where I'll end up

Especially if the epic sax solo is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JJV View Post
                      Sorry! I know this is what none of you guys (including me) wanted to read or in my case, write. I consider dredg's earlier music to be some of the best that has ever graced my ears and for this to occur is just heartbreaking.
                      No need to apologize, it's ur duty to be subjective. I havent heard the full album yet but from the clips the production is horrible. So far it sounds as if he scraped all the bands strengths and replaced it with garbage. Upon Returning had a very danceable quality in the live version but the studio version has alot of awkward pauses and the intro and bridge were ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                        I think I'm going to go into this album as if it were a Gavin/DTA side project.

I hope Mark and Dino found something to do these past two years. Maybe they scored another movie?
                        Started to think that way after I heard ttoly. Stopped considering it the next big dredg release (esp given the length of the cd and the fact that 1/4 of the songs were written by dta). read in the interview w mark about how each cd has been a reaction to the previous release, makes me very excited for the next!

Comment

I'm really excited given the samples. I enjoy pop music, when done right. That said, I think it's safe to say they'll be putting out a 70-minute, mostly instrumental concept album after this. Unless they hit it big now and understandably try to be successful for a little bit.
                          words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

lol @ people in denial. There's alot of great guitarparts in the short samples i've heard. Dino is more subdued than usual. I can feel the'd be ballsy live, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                              lol @ people in denial. There's alot of great guitarparts in the short samples i've heard. Dino is more subdued than usual. I can feel the'd be ballsy live, though.
                              What do you mean my "In denial"? In denial about what?

Comment

about this being a dredg album xD
                                ---
                                Originally posted by inmusicuturst View Post
                                Started to think that way after I heard ttoly. Stopped considering it the next big dredg release (esp given the length of the cd and the fact that 1/4 of the songs were written by dta). read in the interview w mark about how each cd has been a reaction to the previous release, makes me very excited for the next!

Comment

Working...
                                X