Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by UrSaviour View Post
    Ouch!
    Sorry! I know this is what none of you guys (including me) wanted to read or in my case, write. I consider dredg's earlier music to be some of the best that has ever graced my ears and for this to occur is just heartbreaking.

Comment

I just read that jjv and was about to post it here. Are there any ambient parts to the album or is it pretty much pop beats from start to finish? I'm aware its all over the place and that it slows down for the acoustic song (i think kalathat?)but can't imagine such a emotionally heavy song is much of a break.

Comment

Clips sound really good in my opinion.

Comment

yea i dont normally post here but from hearing the clips i think the album is going to be great.

Comment

It's going to be different, that's for sure. After hearing the clips, I'm eager to hear the whole thing. If there's one good thing about being a dredg fan, it's to expect the unexpected when it comes to hearing a new dredg disc.

Comment

Jen Says:
              April 7th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Never heard one note of music from these guys prior to this album’s material. From this, they sound like some god-forsaken 80′s band. Song samples remind me of these songs:

REMASTERED IN HD!Official video for "The Promise" by When In Rome.Revisit more 80's music videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&list=PLjF50Dlp9...

George Michael - Careless Whisper (Official Video)Stream and download here: https://GeorgeMichael.lnk.to/Streaming Subscribe to the George Michael YouTube ch...

So…yuck. Such a disappointment considering their album artwork is so interesting. NEXT.
              double OUCH!
              <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by inmusicuturst View Post
                I just read that jjv and was about to post it here. Are there any ambient parts to the album or is it pretty much pop beats from start to finish? I'm aware its all over the place and that it slows down for the acoustic song (i think kalathat?)but can't imagine such a emotionally heavy song is much of a break.
                There aren't many ambient parts at all. The quietest the record gets is within parts of "Kalathat" and "The Ornament." There aren't any noticeable extended instrumental breaks as only two songs extend past four minutes. The music's rather streamlined.

Comment

i think a lot of people wont like it but to each his own i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma View Post
                    It's going to be different, that's for sure. After hearing the clips, I'm eager to hear the whole thing. If there's one good thing about being a dredg fan, it's to expect the unexpected when it comes to hearing a new dredg disc.
                    I agree. Come into this album open-minded - that's a must. Even then, it still may not help.

Comment

Where'd that come from?

Comment

Who is Jen and why is she listening to Amazon clips as an introduction to a band?

edit: OIC
                        Originally posted by vsd
                        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

comments under JJV review.

but srsly, where's Mark (and his slides), where's Dino (with his breaking rythm), where's... Drew (Dan sampled drums as well as bass?)... and finally, where's Gavin... oh, yeah, sorry, i didn't recognize him under ALL OF THOSE EFFECTS! what is he, a 14 year old teenage star who can't sing?

sorry, just throwing some woods to the fireplace. there are good moments... definitely... i'm... going to search for them... yeah... o-key... here! no, not that part.
                          Last edited by radmir; April 7, 2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

What's the second video that jen girl linked to in the comments? It's blocked here

loved the first song she linked to as an example of horrible 80ies pop so maybe this new dredg album will be a pleasent surprise

Comment

i thought only my Polish internet connection couldn't do it with that second video, so i don't know either and... i kinda liked the first one, too. kinda

besides... Jen can't be wrong. she's got a nice smile!

Comment

I think I'm going to go into this album as if it were a Gavin/DTA side project.

I hope Mark and Dino found something to do these past two years. Maybe they scored another movie?
                                Originally posted by vsd
                                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                                X