Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

So, I acquired first-hand knowledge that female ejaculation is indeed VERY real. Chick seriously gave Cytherea a run for her money. I was astonished.

This pos was way cooler than people without the album whining about not having it and the ones who do have it whining about the whining.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

cool story bro

Comment

That shirt is fucking ugly. haha, UV digi is pretty sweet though!

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
          So, I acquired first-hand knowledge that female ejaculation is indeed VERY real. Chick seriously gave Cytherea a run for her money. I was astonished.
          A friend of mine had that happen to him when he was younger. He'd never heard of it so he though she had peed on him. Told me he had never felt a stronger rage in his life and was on the verge of committing a murder-suicide.

Comment

It's been two years since I posted on this board but I feel I will like this album no matter what. I will be at their "Album Release Party" at the Roxy in LA at May 4th. Anyone else going to be there?

Comment

That's hilarious. It really took me a few moments to wrap my head around it. I don't know that I would invite her over. I'm glad it wasn't my carpet, you know.
              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Well, I think it was the anger was increased because he was going down on her. In his words, "Here I am, doing this REALLY nice thing for her and she fucking PEES on me?! Or at least, that was my reaction at the time. Now I know it was a compliment."
                Last edited by Gnomad; April 7, 2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Whelp, I heard it tonight.

Sorry to say, but I'm pretty disappointed. As has been previously stated, Mark and Dino are really not present on most of the album. The songwriting for the most part strikes me as standard Dan The Automator pop/trip-hop fare and really minimizes the uniqueness of the band. There are interesting bits here and there but for the most part it seems like a record DTA could have made with anybody.

And the lyrics are just frickin atrocious across the board. Gavin has never been some consistently great poet but I get the impression here he wasn't even trying. Forced couplets, awkward repetition, ineloquent over-literal narratives, the whole thing just sounds really thrown-together lyrically.

I'm sure some people will flame me for this, but I calls it as I sees it. I'm not knocking them for trying something different or being consistent with their constant stylistic evolution -- frankly I was really excited at the prospect of a dredg pop record after hearing It's Not Worth It and some of the newer jams -- but the execution here just seems really poor.

Hopefully it will grow on me (in fairness, I've only listened to it all the way though once), but more I hope when they put out their next album I'll be able to look back at this one as that ill-fated collaboration they did with Dan The Automator just for the sake of trying something new.

edit: alright on second listen, The Tent and The Ornament did come out pretty well.
                  Last edited by noresolution; April 7, 2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Wow, hearing that Dino is nearly absent on this record doesn't sound good. I hate electronic drums.
                    ...sounds like 100 bees...

Comment

they're electronic drums in some places, yes...but they're also done in a way that dino could perform very easily live. i never really noticed dino's absents because the album is so drum heavy.

actually, even with mark, yes...the guitars are very minimal on this album, but every time i think of that, i find the next song i'm listening to definitely having mark on guitar.

1st pass reviews are going to be pretty negative...they have been for almost everyone i've talked to about this. however, a few listens later they come back to me and say "ok actually i really like this, that or the other thing"

the album grows on you...and yes, i have a big problem with some of the lyrics too...but at the same time, i basically know them all now...they're catchy as fuck. people are going to remember this album, they're going to remember the words and over-all feel to these songs. in that sense, this album is a raging success...
                      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                      you're pretty narcissistic
                      enjoy that, nobody else does.
                      Originally posted by Madklikor
                      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I hope my record of being in the minority will continue. I loved TToLY immediately, and if people who don't really like it are calling it a high point, I'm guessing I'm going to love the album.

Oh, and evasive, anyone living in MA who misspells "absince" is required to pass the album on to someone else who lives in MA and can't spell it. Just sayin.
                        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

So where did you get the album from?

Comment

THEY GOT IT FROM A SEEEECREET ADMIRER, nobody knows where people got it except the people who got it, they probably know.

Comment

ok, to people who own the album, we could have a chat and you can play the album and I hear it through the mic. hi5's anybody? anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                                My ex was like that, so most of the time having sex meant having clean sheets nearby.

Comment

Working...
                                X