Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post

Sun Goes Down: This song is growing on me a lot. Very poppy sound. I don't know if any of you have heard of Kenna, but it sounds like one of his songs.

I do really like Kenna, so this interests me. Kenna circa "New Sacred Cow", or like "Make Sure They See My Face" Kenna?

Liked the rest of your review, too. I'm looking forward to hearing the album.
    May can't come soon enough.

Comment

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

New Sacred Cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        New Sacred Cow.
        I like this!

Comment

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Comment

Yeah, Kenna is a favorite. Gavin singing over Kenna sounds awesome right now:

"Everything's good, I'm gone, nervous and wasted, thankfully."
            words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

here is a review from http://melodic.net/reviewsOne.asp?revnr=9422

Dredg is always pushing boundaries with every album. With the confusing title “Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy,” this marks the 4th album release and a completely new direction. This time around Dredg enlisted Dan The Automator to helm the production and it turns out to be an electronic frenzy instead of the ambient, huge sound the band is known for.

Now don’t be discouraged, it’s not a complete departure from their previous sound. I would call it an addition to the evolving sound. The band needed to take on a new direction and this may land them land them in the mainstream eye. “Another Tribe” is the opener and best representation of this album. Starting with the electronic indie vibe, this will set the tone for this album.

The first single “The Thought Of Losing You” can be heard around the internet now which isn’t the best explanation of this album. This is the most single straightforward song on the album. “Down Without a Fight” I would say is the most electronic synth based song and most different. A great chorus though. My personal favorite is “The Ornament” This is a classic slow Dredg track full of ambience and Hayes’ haunting choir like vocals.

Overall the album is great and a nice side of the band. I will however say I do miss the huge epic songs and layered ambient guitars over the crazy drum beats. Oh well, those are what the other albums are for. Great work Dredg, you never disaapoint.
              Originally posted by vsd
              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

i'll do a review later....too much work right now....too much....
                Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                you're pretty narcissistic
                enjoy that, nobody else does.
                Originally posted by Madklikor
                You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

It'd be easy to say I don't care about the leak, it comes out in a few weeks, but... naw, I couldn't LIE. Not on the INTERNET!

It's funny, because now after reading impressions, my motivation for listening isn't strictly just to hear new dredg. Now I want to see if my take on it coincides with one group or the other (or another, or another).
                  A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

This is going to be a long month. I have no shame in begging. At least tell me this one thing, does gavins vocals in Where I'll end up's Chorus still sound as if butterflies and dandelions are pouring out his lungs and all the misery in the world is gone for a few seconds. Yes, I'm serious.

(Pleads for a PM)

Comment

that's it. no more whining! it's clear as sun that no one from the guys who have the album already will share a link, so let's just WAIT until that happens. by "that" i mean an actual leak or the release date.

thank you for your attention.
                      <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

Thanks to this thread and especially gnomad for introducing me to kenna

Comment

Gonna have to agree with Radmir here. Time to wait for an actual leak and enjoy reading the reviews here.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Is the copy that the A-crowd is passing around watermarked?

Comment

i wouldn't recommend posting any leaked files, there are ways to track down who they came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X