Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Originally posted by lotsofface View Post
    not to be a dick but, surely you mean "Somebody is laughing"?
    yes. Though I'm not sure what the question mark is for, i don't think there was a possibility of me saying "No, i mean a totally different song called Everybody is laughing, by dredg."
    Last edited by XLucidJesterx; April 9, 2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I got it. It IS a concept album. The first song says it and its repeated throughout the album. The concept has to be to completely step into a different form, being, almost existence, yet remain oneself and unique.
      I love this album for its ability to put their fans at odds with it. Dredg has always been about change but they even pushed their own boundries of style and character.
      They may have not intended, but they set out with a very specific goal, and just because its not a narrative doesn't mean it wansnt a concept.
      ---
      Originally posted by XLucidJesterx View Post
      yes. Though I'm not sure what the question mark is for, i don't think there was a possibility of me saying "No, i mean a totally different song called Everybody is laughing, by dredg."
      Haha. Winning.

Comment

I don't think there's a concept, but yours is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorry But Its Over View Post
          CWA is one of their best works, how does this even compare?!
          "Join Date: Apr 2006"
          cwoa release date mid 05

i'm not being elitist here, just going to point out that most of the time your favorite album by an artist is the one you are introduced to.
          that aside
          cwoa is still my least favorite album. they were on an upstroke with tptptpttptptptbbrbrbrbrbr, this album does not continue that stroke.

i dont know, maybe i was just so anti-hyped by reading shit on here before hearing that now i like it because it exceeds my expectations. on the same thought, maybe i dislike cwoa so much because it was first album after el cielo and my expectations were too high?

Comment

last.fm

Comment

Theis wins the Internet for the day.
              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Hmm, do you remember when The Gaga, The Gooch, The Bamboobles was about to come out there seemed to be more of a "don't share links of the leak you massive tit" on the board. I guess everyone's enthusiasm and anticipation has dropped tremendously.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                  Theis wins the Internet for the day.
                  Yes. This.

Anyway, I'm finding it interesting reading everyone's thoughts on the album so far. I've only heard Upon Returning and TTOLY.
                  I've found that every new dredg release, since Catch Without Arms, has had fans divided at first, but once some time has passed, everyone seems to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma View Post
                    Anyone know the source of the leak? I burned this to cd to play in my car and it sounds very muffled and bassy.
                    Anyone?

Comment

Source is from a web stream — might explain the loss of high-end there.
                      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Makes sense then, thanks. I was wondering why it sounded so muffled.

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                          excellent
                          ---
                          i may end up using this for any future b-sides / live recording compilations i make from this album..
                          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                          you're pretty narcissistic
                          enjoy that, nobody else does.
                          Originally posted by Madklikor
                          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post

Source is from a web stream — might explain the loss of high-end there.
                            Hahaha... That's great!
                            Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                            I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

i think this experiment was a flop. even the songs that i like have parts that i don't like. and there are definitely some cringe-worthy moments on this album. they ruined the ornament, even though it's probably still the best song on the album, i wish they would have just left it alone. they also ruined where i'll end up. very disappointing album. i can't see myself giving this many more listens beyond this week. i still have hope that the live versions of these songs will be better and i'm still going to see them live. i seriously doubt i will even buy this cd though. on the bright side, the tent is awesome. and all you that don't like it are crazy.

Comment

Can someone clarify something?

I've heard many people such as sangreal say that they "ruined the ornament", now I agree that they messed up Where I'll end Up, but what about The Ornament did they mess up?
                                How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

-Gnomad

Comment

Working...
                                X