Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

According to wikipedia right now(probably won't be there soon), the new album is called "the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion" and it has a release date of May 19th.

May 19th sounds like a feasible date, but it's most likely just someone fucking around on wikipedia.

What is going on in dredg-land anyway?...I feel so desperate for news.

Re: the Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion?

may 19th would be a bit disappointing, but would make sense considering we haven't heard anything in so long.
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

i hope this is just bullshit. that wouldn't be a horrible album title, but the release date sucks more dick than jenna jameson

Comment

...I've heard something interesting about this. More on that later though. I've got to go to class. Shit, well, there will be an update later.
        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

any updates on this?

Comment

I really hope that release date is incorrect...at this point the album name could be called Dino's Foreskin and I really wouldn't care. I just want this to be released. I want to hear a new dredg album.
            BLOG
            DEPTHS
            RABBIT HOLE

Comment

I kinda hope that isn't the real album title.. But eh, it's just a title

Comment

From some random german site:

"DREDG / The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion / 15. Mai 2009"
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

the title makes sense. seems very legit. there's a notable line in rushdie's 'satanic verses' in which a man tells his son to stop carrying him around like a parrot on his shoulder. and the other words tie into the themes of the book/album.

also, they are bigger in germany then they are here. but may 15 is terrible.
                  words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

I know international releases are generally later than domestic releases, especially on independent labels. If the date is true, the U.S. may get it sooner.

Comment

Ok. So heres the deal. My buddy in Seattle is a freelance graphic designer, so I immediately called bullshit on this "album cover" he sent me. But the strange part about it is that he emailed me this LAST WEEK. I don't know when the wiki post was created, and I know he's not the dude to go that far out on a fuckin prank as to post this himself. So I called bullshit on it and he swore that he didn't create it. I still didn't believe it. Until this morning... when I was at work and read the thread title corresponded to the album title he sent me I damn near shit a brick. I didn't post it because I was sure it was BS and we all know that we have plenty of that going on around here.

Whether this is the real deal will be up for debate, and to be honest I still don't believe it. It just doesn't seem to be that "dredgy" to me except for the fine-artsy aspect of it. Take of it what you will.
                      Attached Files
                      DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

i kinda still think its bull crap, cause they said rohner segnitz is doing the album art. but then again, the coincidence is crazy.

Comment

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if that German site, or some other site had it up maybe a few weeks ago, gone unnoticed and dudes just fucking with me. Its not that great, but I guess its not that bad either.
                          DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

The "wings" of that DREDG word on the cover are an evolved version of the change symbol, for what it's worth. Interesting.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rohner is doing the cover again.
                              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X