Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

i never said they weren't
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

PPD is my favorite dredg album for sure. But honestly, for me personally it's like saying "Well I like this $100 bill more than this $100 dollar bill" when comparing dredg albums.
      I love the depth and the flow of it, and I can put on the last five songs (Long Days to the end) and completely get lost in that short little journey. Horizon made a brilliant ending, and the songs leading into it were perfect. I would kill to see dredg perform the whole thing live.

As for the CWA ending, Matroshka ties for my favorite dredg song with Cartoon Show Room. It was an instant favorite for me, and I think for the overall feel of the album it made a great ending. And no one needs to say how powerful Canyon was as an ending (or in any other regard), but I'll say it anyway: it was very powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by DforDrums View Post
        I would kill to see dredg perform the whole thing live.
        Your wish is my command: http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extr...1101/dredg.jsp

I have the first half (the whole of TPTPTD) on my computer in pretty high quality, haven't been able to get the second half. It's an AMAZING show. If someone felt like seeding it, I'd love you forever!

Comment

I've been seeding that show for a couple of months. My ratio is like 47 to 1.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Thanks for the link! I've seen this show in different pieces, and I've tried downloading it a few times but there are never enough seeders. I don't know how I would have handled myself if I was actually there.

Comment

that TPTPTD show is one of the best things i had seen. wish dredg can do a show like that in the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
                that TPTPTD show is one of the best things i had seen. wish dredg can do a show like that in the U.S
                +1

Awesome show! I love it and watch it a lot!
                Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

I'm actually making progress in downloading the video. I'll make sure and keep seeding it if it follows through all the way.
                  They absolutely need to do a show like that in the US. It was really cool that they did Leitmotif (I couldn't fly to CA for it though...), but I woud love another couple album shows that they could maybe spread throughout the country.

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                    +1

Awesome show! I love it and watch it a lot!
                    I can't get enough of the Dortmund '09 videos myself. I too, wish that they could do something similar in the US, a nice theatre <3 <3
                    A Drifter's Dream

Comment

I finally got it to download! I'm watching my way through the video right now, it's pretty unreal experience and I can't imagine what it would be like live. I think that's the best I've ever heard Saviour, including the album version. I'm sure I'll get all ADD and start commentating on every song as I watch it.
                      Speaking of Saviour (and for those that can watch/have the video), check out the shots of Dino's kit from Mark's side before the last chorus. Every time it shows this shot for the rest of the song, all I can see is that random guy's face. What is he doing there.

Comment

Down to the cellar and stamp of origin:Horizon are the best closers on any dredg album. especially the live versions of the dortmund show.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
                          Down to the cellar and stamp of origin:Horizon are the best closers on any dredg album. especially the live versions of the dortmund show.
                          For sure. The Canyon Behind Her is a close second, though. As an album, I'd rather have PPD's ending, but for a live show I think Canyon makes the best ending. Followed by an encore of every song they haven't already played.

Comment

Originally posted by DforDrums View Post
                            For sure. The Canyon Behind Her is a close second, though. As an album, I'd rather have PPD's ending, but for a live show I think Canyon makes the best ending. Followed by an encore of every song they haven't already played.
                            The original incarnation of The Ornament was their best closer live, in my opinion. Some of the drum takedowns were pretty awesome, too.
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                              Some of the drum takedowns were pretty awesome, too.
                              Amen to that. This one is definitely one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5aZpLmomU

Comment

Yeah, I've never seen a drum take down myself, but the videos of that seem really cool. I like that Coachella video too, I'd love to see his electronic drumstick stuff in person. I guess I mean as a final song, Canyon makes the best closer.

So they close a set with Canyon, then they do a drum take down, then they lower from the ceiling on a gyroscopic stage with pyrotechnics and play Scissor Lock.

(Probably the worst song to accompany pyrotechnics)

Comment

Working...
                                X