Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
    I personally think PPD is their masterpiece. Or one of them. Can't really tell my favourite between El Cielo, CWA and PPD, all of them masterpieces in their own way.
    PPD has a great flow and for is just perfect in everyway. The album I listened the most (still do) and I was totally obsessed with for about 7-8 months.
    CWA has probably the best production and has one of their best songs (for me).
    El Cielo.. no need to tell anything
    Many of you on here may not know this, but one reason PPD is special to me has really nothing to do with the composition/lyrical content (both of which I hold dear to my heart for all eternity), but because a very special friend of mine gave it to me as a graduation gift, and we both share a massive love of dredg and the album alone. <3
    A Drifter's Dream

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofface View Post
      I agree with dsv. I can appreciate how much effort and creativity that went into ppd, but cwa is a better feeling album. I guess to me it just seems more dredgy, and they feel more comfortable with what they're doing. PPD in some respects seemed a bit forced, or over saturated, or both.
      Which is weird, because I feel like the total opposite is true. CWA seems very forced at times and I just don't think it flows very well.
      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Both of them could stand to drop about half of their songs and be merged into one album. A better album.

Ode to the Sun
        Bug Eyes
        Light Switch
        Sang Real
        Planting Seeds
        Gathering Pebbles
        Jamais Vu
        Mourning This Morning
        Hung Over on a Tuesday
        Cartoon Showroom
        Quotes

+relevant segues

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
          Both of them could stand to drop about half of their songs and be merged into one album. A better album.

Ode to the Sun
          Bug Eyes
          Light Switch
          Sang Real
          Planting Seeds
          Gathering Pebbles
          Jamais Vu
          Mourning This Morning
          Hung Over on a Tuesday
          Cartoon Showroom
          Quotes

+relevant segues

IMO
          No.

Don't be ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah, a total NO from me as well. But I LOVE both albums a lot, so.. count me biassed
            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

i don't see how people can see CWA being "the way dredg is supposed to sound". They have been interviewed and they basically said we stripped our songs down to make them radio/listener friendly. They sacrificed their song writing ability on that album (for the most part) to make their name more known. I think PPD was alot more classic dredg.
              Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                i don't see how people can see CWA being "the way dredg is supposed to sound". They have been interviewed and they basically said we stripped our songs down to make them radio/listener friendly. They sacrificed their song writing ability on that album (for the most part) to make their name more known. I think PPD was alot more classic dredg.
                Agreed.
                I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I'm wondering if a pattern has developed.

El Cielo: Complex
                  CWA: Poppy
                  PPD: Complex
                  CAMS: Poppy

I guess we'll have to wait until the next album.

Comment

I still don't quite get why people call CWA pop. Same with Empire by Queensryche.
                    I can see poppish elements in there, but that's it - elements.

Comment

Well, it's pop/rock. I mean, all radio rock is pretty much pop music, and they have said that sound was deliberate. So... I don't know, makes complete sense to me.

Comment

Yeah, if you mean more radio friendly, I can totally agree. But I keep reading that CAMS is not really a new sound as CWA was in the same vibe. And I personally don't agree at all.

Comment

PPD was far more in the vein of el cielo than it was CWA in my opinion. Sure, the individual sound differed, but the writing/production style was on par. PPD is far more dredg than CWA.

Comment

For that matter, Coquette was far more dredg than CWA. Figure that one out.
                            A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                              i can see all the people that got turned onto dredg by cwoa saying that.

it's along the same mentality that those who clamor for another el cielo have.
                              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                              you're pretty narcissistic
                              enjoy that, nobody else does.
                              Originally posted by Madklikor
                              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
                                i can see all the people that got turned onto dredg by cwoa saying that.

it's along the same mentality that those who clamor for another el cielo have.
                                I think both of those kinds of people are stupid.
                                Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Working...
                                X