Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

El Cielo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: El Cielo

... what?

Comment

He asked what it was, I gave a sarcastic response. Then you asked what and I gave a snarky response. There, we're all caught up now!
      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

... what?

Comment

anyone here have asked drew or gavin.what are the chances to see El cielo live in its entirety next year?

that is one of my wishes for 2012 since it's the 10th anniversary of this amazing album.
          Last edited by Royalboy; December 1, 2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

i do agree that they should do something of the sort. Minus the bear just played Pirates in its entirety. And with El Cielo seriously being one of the best albums of the last decade... they should do a one off.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Don't forget that one review that literally called El Cielo the worst album of the decade. I saw it on the other boards, but I don't know if anyone posted it here.

Comment

currently listening to this from beginning to end....forgot how much i love it.
                last.fm

Comment

I listen to it all the damn time. I never find anything new to listen to. In fact, I just started listening to my old Mansun albums again which is what I used to listen to all the time before I heard dredg. Ugh. I need to listen to new stuff, but when you've heard THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER, what do you listen to next?
                  A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

The Color Spectrum by The Dear Hunter! Seeing TDH and Dredg back to back was an intense experience.

Comment

Scissor lock is an amazing song.

please dredg make this happen next year!

Comment

oh yes, Scissor Lock is my favorite.

ooh I listened to The Color Spectrum in full, from beginning to end, a couple of days ago. It's really, really good. Especially Black and Indigo
                        last.fm

Comment

the band posted this on facebook today:

Comment

Originally posted by Lara View Post
                            oh yes, Scissor Lock is my favorite.

ooh I listened to The Color Spectrum in full, from beginning to end, a couple of days ago. It's really, really good. Especially Black and Indigo
                            I think Indigo is my favorite.

Comment

I still need to check that out. I've started expanding my musical base a bit lately, listening to somewhat recent stuff from bands like Earth, Electric Wizard and Interpol as well as older stuff like early Tangerine Dream, King Crimson and so on. The opening portion of "Hex: Or Writing In The Infernal Method" by Earth reminds me of a stripped down, country-tinged, gloomier "The Tent." And by "The Tent," I mean the music it was "inspired by," taken from Savage Planet. Not nearly as spacey, but then again, I did say stripped down...
                              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

is it really that impossible to see el cielo on vinyl as a 10th anniversary edition?

i'd love to have this album on vinyl and also a show were they play it in its entirety.

Comment

Working...
                                X