Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

El Cielo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Album Discussion: El Cielo

Well, there are no degrees of impossible, so it's not impossible. But I wouldn't even say it's improbable. It's just kind of a pain to pull off and I don't know how badly they want to put that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Royalboy View Post
      is it really that impossible to see el cielo on vinyl as a 10th anniversary edition?

i'd love to have this album on vinyl and also a show were they play it in its entirety.
      It depends on how willing Interscope is to give them the rights to have it printed on vinyl. Some labels are more receptive than others.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Or, to put it more plainly, how much Interscope wants to be douches, or not, as it were. Because really, they aren't making any money off of NOT doing anything with the albums, are they?

Oh, and I finally listened to (the first few tracks of) The Color Spectrum. Yeah, that's not for me. It's amazing how much music people seem to love on this board that I just can't stand. dredg aside.
        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

So what do you normally listen to?

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Honestly man, they don't seem it, but for me... The Dear Hunter is wayyyy better live. On their cd's they seem so... i dunno... normal? Almost the same feeling i got with Kaddisfly and Water and Bodies.

Live its some pretty tasty stuff man... can't wait to see them at Coachella.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Ars, not a lot of new music, to be honest. My favorite bands are dredg, Mansun, and Pink Floyd. But that's because I can listen to almost any album by any of those three bands and enjoy it from start to finish, with VERY few exceptions (I can't stand The Wall and think it is horribly overrated, but it also has two of their best songs ("Hey You" and "Comfortably Numb")). I tend not to like very much radio music, but then again, the radio around here is going to be G'n'R, Pearl Jam, Green Day, etc. I like music that is "different," I guess. Sigur Ros, Air, Ladytron, that song Kaputt by Destroyer... my tastes are incredibly eclectic, and aside from electronic music, I don't have one genre that I am glued to. And even within electronic music, I can't pin down what I like. Tangerine Dream is just as good to me as, say, M83 or a trance set by Taucher, but I can't stand some stuff either.

I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to music, I think.
              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

You may like The Dear Hunter's "Act" albums better than Color Spectrum then.

Comment

I got into TDH through Act III. That album is really diverse, but honestly so is The Color Spectrum. Fawst, what color did you start with? The first color (Black) didn't do a whole lot for me on the first listen, but each EP is different enough that you might find one you like. But if you're not into it, you're not into it.

Also, El Cielo was really good (I thought I'd throw that in there since this is an El Cielo thread).

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has answered this but in the Album Analysis it says that the elephant in "Dream Caused..." has the Papal Insignia on it. But I have never found it. I have a huge poster of the painting in my room and even looked on line and never found it. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Comment

I don't know when I'll next be able to listen to El Cielo again. Or any other dredg fer that matter. My iPod crashed over a month ago and I've lost my dredg library. While I do have the CDs to back it up, they're packed away in boxes until I figure out my livin' situation after school in April. Plus my CD/DVD drive doesn't like to work much these days.
                      Just makes me realize I've taken this album fer granted in the last few years since I can't listen to it right now!
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

this is the second time the band post this

could it be a hint that they are playing el cielo soon?

Comment

It is the 10-year...

Comment

I hope its in the East Coast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpyFox View Post
                              I hope its in the East Coast!!!!
                              This.

Fuck you California.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

wonder when will happen? summer? fall?
                                next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X