Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Leitmotif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leitmotif

Album Title:
    Leitmotif
    Album Analysis:

01. Symbol Song
    02. Movement I: @45° N. 180° W.
    03. Lechium
    04. Movement II: Crosswind Minuet
    05. Traversing Through The Arctic Cold We Search For The Spirit Of Yuta
    06. Movement III: Lyndon
    07. Penguins In The Desert
    08. Movement IV: RR
    09. Yatahaze
    10. Movement V: 90 Hour Sleep
    Last edited by redmosqui; April 25, 2009, 07:13 PM.
    - Jon

----------------------------------------
    Originally posted by gderd
    dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Re: Album Discussion: Leitmotif

great.
    The O.C. Project
    http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
    Right? hoeh'?

Comment

Re-release it.

Comment

that would be cool. i personally think leitmotif is the most diverse of their records so far.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
          that would be cool. i personally think leitmotif is the most diverse of their records so far.
          That's because you don't know what you're talking about. Evidence please.
          Originally posted by Knifeboy
          1---2----34-5
          writing haikus
          1----2------3--4---5---6---7
          isnt just splitting up text un
          1--2--3-4-5
          necesarilly

Comment

i think it's the most 'raw' record, which, isn't surprising as it was recorded very fast, very cheap, and most bands "first album" has that sorta "feel" to it, that emotional rawness and sound.
            Last edited by redmosqui; March 31, 2009, 10:14 PM.
            - Jon

dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

Every album has its own sound, and the tptptd will too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye View Post
                That's because you don't know what you're talking about. Evidence please.
                well lets see...

tribal->heavy->slow->screaming->serene->tribal->opera->screaming->serene->jazz->straight rock->serene

thats pretty diverse.

Comment

The whole thing has the same exact feel. There is no emotional changes throughout the whole album. It's all in the same place. Even catch is more diverse. Even movement 2 while it is different than in instrumentation has the same exact feel. Just because you change what instruments you are playing doesn't make you more diverse.

Also I'd like to point out that tribal heavy and screaming are all very similar in the way you were using them. slow isn't a diversity adjective and there serenity along with the first three adjectives all have an ethereal trippy dirt to them. Having an opera singer doesn't make it opera music. Etc.
                  1---2----34-5
                  writing haikus
                  1--2--3-4-5
                  necesarilly

Comment

fine god damn you! my opinion is still more valid than yours you bastard

Comment

I'm not sure why everything posted on this board has to be such an argument, it's out of control. Differing opinions are fine and great, but what occurs here is something different.
                      - Jon

Comment

i was only kidding. i thought that was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
                          i was only kidding. i thought that was obvious.
                          Jeeze drummer! You're such an asshole!

Comment

drummer, it's not what you said, i assumed that was a joke, it's in general terms, i simply voiced it here right after you're post...

...it just seems that if an opinion differs from another here then there must be a battle of wills to attempt to change that opinion, instead of simply accepting it and realizing that though we are all here for the same common reason, we may not have arrived to that common reason the same way due to the same feelings and outlook.
                            - Jon

Comment

Originally posted by redmosqui View Post
                              I'm not sure why everything posted on this board has to be such an argument, it's out of control. Differing opinions are fine and great, but what occurs here is something different.
                              I don't see why you have to care. If everyone agreed on anything you could just have a news roll for these suckers to read. The interaction is the fun part and it's how people learn. I think it's in perfect control, it's nothing different it's just that you can't stomach it because everyone on here is used to people kissing their genitals whenever they talk to each other.

Lye In Your Eye added 4 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Originally posted by redmosqui View Post
                              ...it just seems that if an opinion differs from another here then there must be a battle of wills to attempt to change that opinion, instead of simply accepting it and realizing that though we are all here for the same common reason, we may not have arrived to that common reason the same way due to the same feelings and outlook.
                              Ok. Seriously. So I have to choices:

1. Engage him as to what he's saying and make him forcefully back-up, explain and expand on his thoughts. This results in what you call "such an argument", but does result in something actually happening here and deepens the discussion.

2. Just let it go and say what I think right after he posts whatever he posts. Letting his statements drift away into the history of the board alone and unexplored like a out of range satellite fired off into deep space.

Which is doing his opinions less justice?
                              1---2----34-5
                              writing haikus
                              1--2--3-4-5
                              necesarilly

Comment

Working...
                              X