Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Hi, my name's Alex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, my name's Alex!

Hey guys! My name is Alex, I'm 15 and I'm from Oklahoma. I've been a fan of Dredg for pretty much as long as I can remember. My dad bought El Cielo as soon as it came out and couldn't stop playing it, so therefor, I couldn't get away from it (which wasn't a problem, because I loved it even then). Words can not even explain how big of an impact dredg has had on my life as a musician and music lover. I truly can't thank the band enough.

My favorite dredg album is El Cielo, then at second is Leitmotif, and then Catch Without Arms. I didn't think that Pariah was bad, it was just different. But as far as Chuckle, I unno, maybe I'm missing something.

I also make music myself, I'm in 2 bands at the moment, both of which are really inspired by dredg. In my band Ron - I play drums. You can listen to us here:
    An unmastered version of our song All For Nothing, which will be mastered on our sampler that should be released by January. Alex Carter - Drums, Bass Tyler Sexton - Guitar, Vocals Each member wro

And in my other band Carvist - I play guitar, and we haven't recorded anything yet.

So it's really nice to meet all of you guys! Here's to another dredg album hopefully!
    Last edited by rancidtacogas; January 2, 2015, 04:48 AM.

Re: Hi, my name's Alex!

Alex,

Hello, my name is David.

I hope that the fact that no one has yet replied to you doesn't drive you away from here. It's just a little bit dead due to the fact that we have been waiting for a new album for so long. Haha. I try to get on at least once a day though, I just haven't seen your post until just now.

Wow, it's pretty neat to see someone so young into Dredg, and that your father is the one who got you into them. That makes me feel old. I'm 26 and I've been listening to them since right after CWA so congratulations, you even have me beat.

I am listening to All For Nothing right now and I can definitely hear the Dredg influence. I don't normally like music people show me but I actually like this. Keep doin' what you do man! I'd love to hear more when you make some!

Lastly, please do come here and post often. I'd love some company on this forum!

Have a good one Alex!
    Life's a zoo, be an animal
    "keep the p-vibes flowin"

Comment

Originally posted by rancidtacogas View Post
      Hey guys! My name is Alex, I'm 15 and I'm from Oklahoma. I've been a fan of Dredg for pretty much as long as I can remember. My dad bought El Cielo as soon as it came out and couldn't stop playing it, so therefor, I couldn't get away from it (which wasn't a problem, because I loved it even then). Words can not even explain how big of an impact dredg has had on my life as a musician and music lover. I truly can't thank the band enough.

My favorite dredg album is El Cielo, then at second is Leitmotif, and then Catch Without Arms. I didn't think that Pariah was bad, it was just different. But as far as Chuckle, I unno, maybe I'm missing something.

I also make music myself, I'm in 2 bands at the moment, both of which are really inspired by dredg. In my band Ron - I play drums. You can listen to us here:
      An unmastered version of our song All For Nothing, which will be mastered on our sampler that should be released by January. Alex Carter - Drums, Bass Tyler Sexton - Guitar, Vocals Each member wro

And in my other band Carvist - I play guitar, and we haven't recorded anything yet.

So it's really nice to meet all of you guys! Here's to another dredg album hopefully!
      Welcome! What are of Oklahoma?
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Welcome indeed!
        - Jon

----------------------------------------
        Originally posted by gderd
        dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
        ----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X