Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Ummm, WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm, WOW!

So, Im sure there is about 18 Sigur Ros Topics, but sorry. Just Saw them tonight on their last show in the states. My first time. MMMMM. Hard to describe, not to be a braggart, but Ive been to countless shows, and WOW. Ive NEVER seen a show like this...I could hear a Pin Drop after songs... Such Good stuff...I wish dredg shows were like this, but you know...people... anyhow, post, talk amongst yourselves, share your experiences.

Also. dredg, is still my Favorite band, and Im not just saying that really, and not to be stupid, but who needs new shit??????????????????? I know, it will come in time, but AHHHHHHH.So, have a goodnight, day, or whatever time it is in your existence when you read this.

Yeah, I actually saw Sigur Ros in Kansas City last wednesday and I thought the exact same thing. I was going to post the same post that you did but I really couldn't find the words to do the show justice so I didn't... This was the first time that I've seen Sigur Ros live as well, and I must say, it has been the only show that I've ever seen that has left me absolutly speechless for minuets after the show was over. There was absolutly nothing I could say after it was over to do that show justice...

I mean how awesome was the opening of the show and the closing of the first set and the last encore... that alone was enough for me to be blown away...
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

weird..I heard one of their songs on the local MPR Indie Rock Station yesterday and thought they reminded me of Mew..a band I wanted and seemed to like a lot of what they do, but ultimately the vocals just ruined it.

Kyle
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

that happened to me the 1st time i saw sigur ros . . . they are beyond phenomenal live . . . here's where i get to brag a bit . . . i'll be seeng them for the 3rd time @ coachella! woohoooo!!!!
        Originally posted by kata rokkar
        Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

you will also be seeing tool at coachella, you jerk.

as for sigur ros .. it doesn't look like they come to florida very often. i'd love to see them. i've heard nothing but great things about their live shows.
          - -- --- ----

Comment

re: Ummm, WOW!

yes, you will be seeing tool, and coheed, and about a hundred other bands... you suck 8) kidding

yeah OneSecond, I agree totally. the encore pretty much left me breathless. What was insane, everyone, me included, was sitting, and silent untill after the songs, which then the crowd would erupt into clapping. but the show was sooo good

Comment

mwaahahahaaaaa!!
              you guys are more than welcome to join me . . . except i can barely afford my tickets, so unfortunately i can't pay your way . . . trust me, if i could, i would! maybe i'll start playing the lotto . . . i'll start a thread here if i win & i'll take all of you to coachella with me!

Comment

look what sigur ros is up to now . . .
                3-27 Manchester, England - Manchester Apollo
                3-28 London, England - Hammersmith Apollo
                3-29 London, England - Hammersmith Apollo
                4-02 Nagoya, Japan - Zepp
                4-03 Osaka, Japan - Namba Hatch
                4-04 Tokyo, Japan - Shibuya-Ax
                4-05 Tokyo, Japan - Shibuya-Ax
                4-07 Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Hitec
                4-09 Perth, Australia - Perth Concert Hall
                4-11 Melbourne, Australia - The Palais
                4-12 Sydney, Australia - The Enmore
                4-13 Byron Bay, Australia - East Coast Blues & Roots Festival *
                4-15 Brisbane, Australia - The Tivoli
                4-17 Auckland, New Zealand - St. James
                4-29 Indio, CA - Empire Polo Field (Coachella) %
                5-01 San Rafael, CA - Marin Center
                5-03 Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall
                5-04 Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
                5-05 Boise, ID - Big Easy Concert House
                5-08 Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre
                5-09 Chicago, IL - Civic Opera House
                5-10 Milwaukee, WI - The Riverside
                5-11 Detroit, MI - State Theatre
                5-13 Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
                5-14 Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion
                6-23 Eichenring, Germany - Hurricane Festival #
                6-24 Beuhausen ob Eck, Germany - Southside Festival #
                6-28 Rättvik, Sweden - Dalhalla
                6-29 Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival $
                7-01 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter Festival

Comment

Whao...They are coming back to the states....coolbeans

Comment

i've missed them 3 times.

they dropped off the bjork tour the day before the show i went to...

and twice i had to work when they came to boston/portland

that will not happen this time...

Comment

I just discovered these guys like this week, but I already decided I'm heading to see them in Chicago on May 9. Tickets on sale tomorrow 8)
                      His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

awesome. go see them . . . you will experience greatness . . .

Comment

I've never seen Sigur Ros playe theyre released music... but i saw them for some years ago with a full orchestra and chior, do Odins Raven Magic... wich is a poem from the Edda... it was really one of the best things I've ever seen! too bad this setup have only been done in three towns in the world(London, Trondheim and Reykjavik) cuz this is something that everyone should be able too see!!

Comment

I just missed them in KC 2/22. I fucking hate driving in KC though. So it could be worse.
                            DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

:cry: Holy shit. I went to the site that sells the tickets for the Chicago show, and they are already sold out. They went on sale 7 hours ago. I'm computer illiterate and pretty stupid so i don't know things well, but am I right that only the reserved seats are sold out? The site only says "Reserved Seats Best Available (Sold Out). I click on the more info button but nothing happens. Any help I will be eternally greatful. I really want to see these guys.
                              His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Working...
                              X