Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Best of Youtube / Google Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best of Google Video and YouTube...

Originally posted by Starving Artist View Post
    Sir, check your e-hug inbox because it should be full. SWEET JEBUS I LOVE THAT VID!

Here's on I had to post because I've been listening to Bar 17 and 18 Steps alot recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4wFs91qJaY
    That was extremely disappointing. I'll take Gregg Wright for the win.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Well I enjoyed it so there. Stick that in your craw.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
      Originally posted by noclevername
      stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
        That was extremely disappointing. I'll take Gregg Wright for the win.
        Um, you're dumb?!?!

But I guess you're right... I rather act musically intellegent and call that video disappointing and listen to this...

Ugg...

One Second Clubber added 9 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

The Shiznit...
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
          Um, you're dumb?!?!

But I guess you're right... I rather act musically intellegent and call that video disappointing and listen to this...
          Honestly, if that's what you need to think, so be it. However, that video was mediocre at best. Sorry, what they were playing gets played at open-mic night at one of our local blues bars.

AnewKINDofFEELING added 17 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

This is what I'd rather listen to, although Britney is a local, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkzqCYkHEQ

Comment

There's definitely better jams out there but it still sounded good. Good Tab Benoit clip too.

Comment

There's definitely better jams out there but it still sounded good. Good Tab Benoit clip too.
              I really don't know anything about that guy and didn't mean anything about his overall talent. That clip just wasn't very impressive. I liked the second one a lot better, but in the beginning the guy could have totally been Kyle Gass. I actually began to wonder at one point if it was him.

AnewKINDofFEELING added 547 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I really hope to see this guy one day....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsnFvEQYJPU

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                I really don't know anything about that guy and didn't mean anything about his overall talent. That clip just wasn't very impressive. I liked the second one a lot better, but in the beginning the guy could have totally been Kyle Gass. I actually began to wonder at one point if it was him.
                The large guy is Warren Haynes from The Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule. The red head in the first clip is Trey Anastasio from the band Phish. Trey's solo album Bar 17 is one I would suggest picking up to anyone it's amazing. I haven't really scavenged youtube for good trey clips though, they're mostly just bad live footage. This one's a decent jam session though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuHjPmmuhoo

Comment

The large guy is Warren Haynes from The Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule. The red head in the first clip is Trey Anastasio from the band Phish. Trey's solo album Bar 17 is one I would suggest picking up to anyone it's amazing. I haven't really scavenged youtube for good trey clips though, they're mostly just bad live footage. This one's a decent jam session though.
                  I know who Trey is, but I really wasn't familiar with Warren Haynes. Seriously, though. There are no good videos of him online, but you should check out Gregg Wright, especially if you get a chance to see him live. The guy is the closest thing you will ever see to Jimi Hendrix, he even plays some Hendrix tunes. Most notably, the guy does fantastic versions of Voodoo Chile and the Star Spangled Banner. He plays about once a month here, so I get to see him a lot. I think he may be playing in a little bar this weekend.

Gregg Wright's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

That's the best I can offer. A House Divided is a great song. Oh yeah, he was Michael Jackson's lead guitarist back in the day. haha
                  Last edited by AnewKINDofFEELING; January 27, 2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Warren Haynes actually taught a friend of mine to play guitar. My friend didn't even know who he was was, he just kept calling him "My dad's friend." Then one day, he mentions that he was a member of a band called "Govet Mule or something". I asked if he meant Gov't Mule and he said "I don't know, ask my dad." So I go and ask his dad and his dad just outright says "It's Warren Haynes. Do you know who he is?" And I tell him yeah, he was in the Allman Brothers Band (which I only really knew at the time because MY dad was a huge fan). "Why the hell aren't you playing guitar, then? You got more sense than my idiot son." Which is how my dad got to meet one of his heroes from when he was learning to play guitar.

The lessons didn't last a year, Haynes eventually stopped teaching him. For a few reasons he wouldn't talk about (probably something to do with his bands) and one he said outright which was something to the effect of "I don't really see in the point in teaching someone to play guitar when they don't even want to write their own music, they just want to play Metallica songs."

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                      For a few reasons he wouldn't talk about (probably something to do with his bands) and one he said outright which was something to the effect of "I don't really see in the point in teaching someone to play guitar when they don't even want to write their own music, they just want to play Metallica songs."
                      That's how I feel about learning to play guitar. Sure, I learned some cover songs at first, but my main objective was to be able to write songs. My best friend keeps trying to get me to learn Stairway to Heaven, but I refuse.

I have a recording of an acoustic show that Steven Wilson did in Tel Aviv. During it, people keep asking him to play his favorite song. He explained that he couldn't and really only learned to play to write his own songs. Steven Wilson is omniscient.

Comment

Finding a good balance between the two is the best way to go. I write a ton and I'm surprised by how few people my teacher says actually do that (people being his other students). But learning other peoples songs is a great way to get technique down.

Comment

Finding a good balance between the two is the best way to go. I write a ton and I'm surprised by how few people my teacher says actually do that (people being his other students). But learning other peoples songs is a great way to get technique down.
                          Yeah, that's basically what I do. If I find a guitarist that uses a cool technique that I don't, I try to learn one of his songs using that technique. I'm by no means a good guitarist, but that's okay with me.

Comment

You can't be disappointed by some Mississippi John Hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQgQhcEPHI

Starving Artist added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-GN-BP_Qlk

Comment

I wish I could play guitar like that man
                              http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                              seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

for those wanting to know the origin of Stains the Cupcake dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUbsc_a-e3g

Comment

Working...
                                X