Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Where did Sans Seraph go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did Sans Seraph go?

Was curious if anyone knew what happened to them. I absolutely love After the Rain, but they just never seemed to gain traction, like many of the quality bands of the mid aughts. Are any of them still making music?

On a side not, Erik Johansson of Cire and Emptyself has turned to the blues and has a new album coming out later this year.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Re: Where did Sans Seraph go?

Most of (if not all) the instrumental section went on to form Grass Root Kids who unfortunately only released one EP and maybe three acoustic songs. They launched a failed social media fundin' toward a full length LP, and then broke up. The lead singer had a new band called Stella Neuvo (I don't think I spelled that right), but they only played a few shows and have never released anythin'. His older project The Midnight Radio Sessions has seen some more recent activity and I think released a digital EP/album on CDBaby.

There's also at least one unreleased Sans Seraph song on their bass players SoundCloud called "Escape" that's pretty dope. Fuck these guys were awesome.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Good find. Thanks.

Escape
      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I'm not sure that Grass Root Kids have all of their songs on-line, but I do have .mp3s of everythin' on a hard drive somewhere. Along with a few Midnight Radio Sessions songs, some of which are not on their release.

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

funny, I just posted something in my blog about one-and-done bands/artists and it had me revisiting them and After the Rain.

thanks for the links and I'll have to check out Grass Roots Kids soon.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Man.... i don't think I have after the rain anymore.... damn it! Anyone got a link???
            - Jon

----------------------------------------
            Originally posted by gderd
            dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

Originally posted by redmosqui View Post
              Man.... i don't think I have after the rain anymore.... damn it! Anyone got a link???
              When I get back from my mini-vacation and have some time (likely later next week, or more likely the week after) I've got it and a bunch of unreleased tunes (minus the previously mentioned "Escape") as .mp3s on an external hard drive. Unless someone hooks it up earlier. And there may be more information in the ol' Shun thread somewhere in this sub-forum.

Comment

Sounds good!
                - Jon

Originally posted by gderd
                dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music

Comment

I haven't forgotten 'bout this, gang! Just been a crazy past several weeks.

Comment

I also really miss this band. Makes me want to locate Shun - Michael In Reign as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Loring Park View Post
                      I also really miss this band. Makes me want to locate Shun - Michael In Reign as well.
                      I have a bunch of Shun stuff as well. Unfortunately my external hard drive is on it's last breath, and I can't get it to interface with my new laptop. So I'm tryin' to get my ol' MacBook to read the HD and then transfer everythin' off that to a new HD. Fingers crossed I can get it all done by the end of this month and then share these goodies.

Comment

^ Thank you man. I've got some external HDs that I need to dig out as well and I'm hoping to get to that this weekend if possible.

Comment

Just wanted to let anyone interested know that my external HD search was successful for once. Going to be posting some Sans Seraph and Shun uploads later today...
                          ---
                          Sans Seraph and Shun - quite a bit there including; Sans Seraph After the Rain and Instrumentals, Shun Michael In Reign EP, Promising EP, 2002 Industry Demo and a bunch of B-sides.

Comment

Excitin’ news everyone! Accordin’ to Mr. Billy White Shun is reformin’! I believe they are also workin’ on new material!

::edit::

It’s officially official: Shun returns to the studio fer at least two days so far on September 1st and 2nd!!!

::edit::

Here’s a nifty live performance! I’ve only started to check it out, but I don’t think there’s a date other than to say it’s old.

Last edited by Kyte30351; April 26, 2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I don't think that Shun album is going to happen.
                              OutlierAudio

Comment

Working...
                              X