Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns with the Devil in Confessional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns with the Devil in Confessional

It is here, and it is glorious. It deserves it's own thread.

Re: The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns with the Devil in Confessional

Agreed. I was hoping for more stand alone progrock tracks but as a whole, this album is great. As usual, the production value is huge. A great bookend to the Act series. Still bummed that Act VI won't be an album...

...though supposedly Casey has a new concept to make records for. Which is exciting.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Stronger than Act IV IMO. Wonder what he's up to with VI not being a rock album.

Comment

Agreed. Act V > Act IV. I really liked Act V out the gate but I've grown to like it a lot more after multiple listens.

On Act VI, I'm still bummed that it won't be a record. It sounds like it will be more storytelling than music. Whether that's cinematic or not, who knows... Act VI is "going to be something that can't possibly be represented in the framework of a rock record".

It's entirely possible that Casey hasn't decided yet how or what he wants to do with it.
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

The Moon has to be up there as one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.

Comment

Honestly, I still think Act IV is their strongest. This might be third behind that and II. But I've never been a superfan or anything, with Act IV being the only one I truly enjoy listening to straight through without skipping.

Comment

I really like both IV and V. I can't really decide which I like better. Maybe a slight edge to V because it's newer. I'd rank them in backwards order then: V IV III II I

The lyrics and story are more obscure in IV but that's its charm. The story goes balls out in V which is nice

Comment

My revised order:

III>V>II>IV=I

Comment

Working...
                X