Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Opeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opeth

This is one of my favorite bands. Whether you're a fan of their older death metal fare, progressive metal, or the more straight-forward and traditional progressive works like Damnation and Heritage, I feel they're one of the most relevant and talented European bands going right now. Their new album should be out in June. One of the more highly anticipated releases this year. Here's the first review....

First Impressions of the New Untitled OPETH Album, A Track-By-Track Review

* The record has no name and the songs have no titles, so each song I'm going to title as the numbered track with the track length next to it. This way when the record comes out we'll at least know which songs I was referring to.
    * The songs are also apparently not "sequenced" which is an industry term for them not being in the final order for the album so I'm going to leave the flow from song to song out of this review.
    * I'm going to go track by track here and then make a statement at the end about the record overall. Think of that last part as a straightforward review.
    * Oh, and there's no growls or death metal vocals on this record. So if you're going to skim this review for any mention of them, save your time and go read something else.

Last edited by plinian; March 28, 2014, 12:12 AM.
Working...
X