Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Jazzkamikaze (Mew, The Reign of Kindo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzkamikaze (Mew, The Reign of Kindo)

Not sure if anyone around here knows them, but their last album "Supersonic Revolutions" I and some others I've noticed on other forums, really enjoy. The whole thing is still available to stream on their website in fact.

they just announced their new record is called "The Return of JazzKamikaze" and is coming out on February 1st.

If you like Mew or The Reign of Kindo, among others, they are a band worth checking out.

1. Resurrection
    2. Mitsuhirato
    3. Future Blaster
    4. Blues for J.H.
    5. Volcano
    6. Organic Anthem
    7. Kole
    8. Copenhagen Hipster
    9. Agent Cooper
    10. Afrique
    11. Lamai
    12. Xelerator Prelude
    13. Xelerator
    14. Karaboudjan
    15. Celestial
    16. In Universal Circumference (CD Bonus Track)
    17. Chloroform (CD Bonus Track)
    18. Volcano ’08 (CD Bonus Track)
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Jazzkamikaze (Mew, The Reign of Kindo)

Damn, the site won't stream for me. Any downloads out there?
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

really? it's always worked for me. What kind of browser do you use?
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Reminds me of Grand Silent System.

Comment

I liked the bit I heard, but I had to leave on a work trip right after it finished downloading. Will check it out more fully this weekend

Comment

is the release delayed? I can't find it anywhere...

Comment

Yeah it seems they didn't realize quite how soon the album would be available. They posted something about copies being pressed/printed last week though. And then today they posted a new song:

New track from our new album, The Return of JazzKamikaze. Coming late February 2012 on CD, LP and downloads.

so, hopefully within the next couple weeks.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

So, I've been listening these guys quite a bit lately. I really enjoy the music, but I half expect to see International Superstar Sergio Flores in their live videos.....

Comment

lol, yeah I follow that. Maybe the band could have him show up at a gig sometime.

The new record is finally out. and while it isn't bad, it has hardly any vocals on it for some reason. It seems they've gone back to their more jazzy, little-to-no-pop roots of their earlier albums with it.

O well, I'm still enjoying it, for what it is. Plus both The Reign of Kindo and Mew are expected to release new albums soon.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                    lol, yeah I follow that. Maybe the band could have him show up at a gig sometime.

The new record is finally out. and while it isn't bad, it has hardly any vocals on it for some reason. It seems they've gone back to their more jazzy, little-to-no-pop roots of their earlier albums with it.

O well, I'm still enjoying it, for what it is. Plus both The Reign of Kindo and Mew are expected to release new albums soon.
                    That would be awesome to have a duel with Sergio.

I need to get the new album. I also need to get all of their older albums. I really enjoy a lot of their jazzier songs. I really appreciate the recommendation. I shared it on facebook and they have already sold one album in Australia as a result.... It's good music. I played it for my dad last night and his reaction was "They'd fit right in down here." Obviously, we have a special place for jazz in Redstick and Nola.

Finally, can't wait for the new Mew, and I need to check out Reign of Kindo. I honestly put more weight in your musical opinion than anyone else on the interwebs (we seem to share a lot of tastes), so you comparing the three excites me.
                    ---
                    The Return of Jazzkamikaze has been purchased. You're right about being a lot more direct jazz.

Comment

I do like the new album, but Supersonic Revolutions is definitely more of a daily listener. I'm pretty much hooked, either way. Does this mean I really am getting old? I'm riding around with the windows down peacocking some progressive jazz....

Comment

lol, I doubt it, but I'll admit, hearing their jazzier stuff, I think I'm listening to older musicians.

Definitely check out The Reign of Kindo if you have not yet. Their 1st record "Rhythm, Chord & Melody" can get rather addictive. Their last album "This is What Happens" has many highlights as well, although it's more jazzy and moody I suppose. Their new record is being recorded currently, so it may end up coming out around the Summer.

Thanks for the kind words. I notice you chime in about many of the bands I mention. Curious, are you on last.fm or rateyourmusic?
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I notice you chime in about many of the bands I mention. Curious, are you on last.fm or rateyourmusic?
                          I'm on last.fm, but I hardly ever use it. I tend to use the internet mostly at work, where streaming media is typically blocked. At home, I usually only use the computer for recording. I basically use my facebook page as a blog to share great music, but most of my "friends" don't have the same appreciation of music. Others that do, typically react negatively at first, then tell me a year later that I was "right, so-n-so is amazing." I actually got that reaction to Mew and Fair to Midland from a guy who is a big fan of Mike Patton and Yanni, so he has since come around to both. He and I drove an hour in a tropical storm to see FTM last year.

Definitely check out The Reign of Kindo if you have not yet. Their 1st record "Rhythm, Chord & Melody" can get rather addictive. Their last album "This is What Happens" has many highlights as well, although it's more jazzy and moody I suppose. Their new record is being recorded currently, so it may end up coming out around the Summer.
                          I've been checking them out on Vimeo when I have the time. It's about the only way to listen to streaming music at work... I'm liking what I've heard so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X