Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Facing New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing New York

Has anyone here heard of this band? They're awesome. I would describe them as being somewhere in between where At The Drive-In left off and where The Mars Volta started. Some of their stuff is comparable to Muse too cause of the prominence of the keyboardist. I saw them a couple weeks ago in Frisco and their lead singer and bassist weren't able to make it cause their van broke down in LA, but the other three still played the show and were still awesome. The guitarist did all the vocals and the keyboardist faked the bass lines. So much talent between these guys. The vocals to take a little getting used to though...the singer kinda resembles Fat Mike from NOFX, but it works.

Check out:

Styrofoam Walls/Fly on the Wall
    Javelina
    Paper Shepherd

Wow. You compare them to four bands I love in one paragraph! Think I'll have to give them a listen then!

Comment

I'm adding "Claim/Subclaim" to that list, it kicks ass.

Added after 5 hours 41 minutes:

And "Full Turn"...damn so many good songs.

Comment

linkage

FACING NEW YORK's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

This band also needs more love.

Comment

And I'll flog this dead horse just a little more.

Comment

thank you! since you 1st suggested this band, i've been looking for songs to download . . .
                Originally posted by kata rokkar
                Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

thanks for the links, i'll give them a listen to later on
                  Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                  you're pretty narcissistic
                  enjoy that, nobody else does.
                  Originally posted by Madklikor
                  You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I found the album used a few weeks back..was quite excited about that..gave it a spin..liked some spots..but it kinda lacked something..no punch..over-the-top hooks, etc..gotta give it a few more spins..but I fear this may fall into Circa Survive-syndrome..which sucks But i realize this game is a lot of hit and miss anyway.

Kyle
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

thanks for the songs, i enjoy them enough to listen to them more than once
                      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                      you're pretty narcissistic
                      enjoy that, nobody else does.
                      Originally posted by Madklikor
                      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN
                        I found the album used a few weeks back..was quite excited about that..gave it a spin..liked some spots..but it kinda lacked something..no punch..over-the-top hooks, etc..gotta give it a few more spins..but I fear this may fall into Circa Survive-syndrome..which sucks But i realize this game is a lot of hit and miss anyway.

Kyle
                        Yeah at first I thought it sounded too meandering and disorganized, but after a while it really started to sink in. The interplay between all the instruments is really pretty amazing. Headphones are key. And smoking a bowl first helps a lot too :-)

They also released an EP and a split disc with the band Amity before the album came out. Both of these are really good and maybe a better place to start. The songs are catchier and more to-the-point I guess. A little more upbeat. But after listing to it a few times, the debut album is just classic.

Comment

re: Facing New York

does any one who has their Ep from 2004 and the 3 songs from their split with Amity mind sending me those tracks. Facing New York kicks ass, so many great songs on the debut. great lyrics, great music. great BAND!!!

Comment

i like what i hear . . . if you guys like this, you should check out 31 knots . . . somewhat similar & also very good . . .

31Knots's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
                            Originally posted by kata rokkar
                            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

I spun it again this morning. Ok, well..I recall why I reacted how I did the 1st time. This band has some good songs, melodies and layers. But the VOCALS..not that they are horrible or badly written vocals, but the singer just doesn't have a lot going on really. I think if he improves..these guys could be a lot better. That being said, there are a few standout tracks on it, STYROFOAM WALLS for example.

Kyle
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X