Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Traversing's Sports Talk Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Traversing's Sports Talk Radio

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
    I know it's too early but if Eli wins another Super Bowl, he's got to be a lock for the Hall of Fame right?
    Absolutely not. Let him play consistently good for more than one year at a time before making that statement. I mean, where is all the love for Trent Dilfer?
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Dilfer was in the league for 5 more years than Eli, same amount of super bowls, 7,000 less yards, 72 less touchdowns (!!!), same amount of INTs. No comparison.

I am by no means a Giants fan OR an Eli lover but I was a little surprised when looking at Eli's stats.

If Eli wins another Super Bowl, especially if he beats Brady again, I'd say he's a lock for the HoF. And yes, I had a hard time even thinking that and typing it out. It seems unthinkable but look at his stats.

There's only one QB in the NFL that has won two Super Bowls that isn't in the HoF, Jim Plunkett. And Eli's stats are already better than his 15 year career, though the league today is completely different from Jim's time.
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Do Eli's stats look as good when you consider the current league? Every (real) QB is putting up big numbers every year.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Interesting convo. Roethlisberger has two Super Bowl wins, but if he retired today I don't think he gets in.
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Tim Thomas refuse to go to the white house because he's a tea party member. All respect I've built up for him for the past year washed away in an instant.

Comment

Did everyone in the country forget that this country was built by people who revolted and spoke their minds? I put that man on high. Maybe this country, that continues to pay money to go see movies like Ghostrider 2 and buy little metal tins to hold one extra roll of toilet paper above your toilet, will actually participate in politics if athletes inform the people of political doings.

Montae Ellis for president?
              Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I've had two opinions on this one. First, I heard it was "for political reasons," which screams "I'm a Republican, Obama isn't, I'm not going." And for that, I lost a ton of respect, even though I'm from Boston. But then he put out his statement saying that it's not a party issue, it's in response to the government in general. And THAT I can get behind.

Of course, there's also the issue that this was a celebration of the team, and not the individual and not a political event. So, whatever. Fuck him for being a douche, but good for him for pointing out that both sides suck.
                A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Yes, he has the right not to go, but this is a respect issue. You may not respect the man, but you respect the title and the tradition. All it did was bring negative attention to the Boston Bruins and the NHL. It didn't advance any agenda.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

It got the Tea Party back into the political conversation for a day, so I would say it advanced someone's agenda. The title and tradition stuff is irrelevant. He's an athlete, not a federal employee.
                    Originally posted by vsd
                    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

... next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                        It got the Tea Party back into the political conversation for a day, so I would say it advanced someone's agenda. The title and tradition stuff is irrelevant. He's an athlete, not a federal employee.
                        So you don't think the title is supposed to be held in respect by all US citizens?

Comment

Me and my friends had a little improvised superbowl party last night, had a great time. The game was awesome, we cheered for the giants so the result was awesome, even Madonna was awesome. We got into it so much we were wild like animals when NY scored the final touchdown.

The award ceremony must be the worst in all of sports, though. Get the geezer owner and the ugly lady of the fucking field. And the Vince Lombardi trophy looks like a dick, and the players caressed it.
                          Last edited by SimpatiK; February 6, 2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The only reason it's seen as a big deal is because he was one of only two Americans on the roster. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last time an athlete refuses to visit the White House:

James Harrison with Bush in 2006 and with Obama in 2009

Mark Chmura refused to meet with Bill Clinton in 1997

Manny Ramirez refused to meet with George W. Bush in 2007

Albert Pujols skipped out on two recent White House trips

Larry Bird snub of Ronald Reagan after the Celtic’s 1986 championship
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Tim Thomas also loves Nickelback.

Comment

I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would think that halftime show was anything decent. Since when is it okay for EVERYONE to lip sync? And do it horribly might i add. And wasn't it pretty obvious that Madonna was moving around like a fat kid that was being forced to do aerobics in physical ed? I mean, the actual show was good but anyone doing any kind of dancing and singing was absolutely horrid. I'd rather watch an hour of The Who's performance from a couple years ago... this show wasn't quite as bad as The Black Eyed Peas of last year, but it was pretty terrible.
                                ---
                                Also, i thought the game was probably one of the more boring games of the last five years.
                                Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Working...
                                X