Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Happy Body Slow Brain (ex Facing New York, Taking Back Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Body Slow Brain (ex Facing New York, Taking Back Sunday)

Very good stuff, stoked to hear their debut album which is apparently coming out soon. Kind of a hybrid between their roots (not as poppy as TBS, moreso than FNY). Could be compared to Minus the Bear or the Dismemberment Plan but with more of an R&B/funk vibe. Very catchy, lots of hooks but pretty dark at times. Excellent musicianship and really layered sound for a three-piece. I like.

^new song, just released yesterday

Happy Body Slow Brain's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Re: Happy Body Slow Brain (ex Facing New York, Taking Back Sunday)

streaming the full album, it's pretty great.

Comment

I'm likin' it so far, but it sure ain't no FNY. You know if this will be a stupid digital only release or might they release it on CD/vinyl too?
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I like it more than Get Hot but less than the rest of FNY's stuff. No idea on the release formats.

Comment

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
          I like it more than Get Hot but less than the rest of FNY's stuff.
          Blasphemy!

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

i enjoy this thoroughly

Comment

get hot was pretty disappointing to me. probably cause they changed the songs a lot after they started playing them live and i preferred the original versions.

Comment

I never got to hear the stuff live. Only time I got to catch them was back in November 2006 on tour with Gavin Castleton on keys. Great show though.
                The songs on Get Hot just really strike a chord with me. Hell, all their music does. You don't happen to have any bootleg recordings do you?

Comment

I've got a few random live videos I haven't gotten around to editing. Mostly from around 2006-2007 I think.

Comment

They're apparently doing these videos for every song on the album.

Live in-studio performance of "Up Late", from the record Dreams of Water (2010).Happy Body Slow Brain - Live In The Garage ////Purchase the album: www.happyb...

Fuck the drummer is good.

Comment

Dig their sound and all, but it still ain't no FNY. Still hate that I'm poor as hell and missed FNY open fer dredg last year I think it was. That would've just been awesome.

Comment

Yeah it wasn't anything mindblowing, they just did a short set of mostly Get Hot songs. Did have a new guitarist though.

Comment

they changed their name to Rare Futures and became a trio, and released their debut album today "This Is Your Body on Love"

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Hell of a guest list on this one. Steve Choi, Gavin Castleton, Geuting.

Comment

Cannot wait fer this to be released on vinyl!

Also just because I brought up Facing New York in every post of mine so far in this thread I'll keep it goin'. So I know I saw some social media activity very sporadically over the years, but their Wikipedia has said fer over a year that a new album was bein' worked on/recorded. Anybody know anythin'?

Comment

Working...
                              X