Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

SIX GALLERY - BREAKTHROUGHS IN MODERN ART

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIX GALLERY - BREAKTHROUGHS IN MODERN ART

SIX GALLERY - ADVANCES IN MODERN ART

Anyone heard these guys before?

Apparently this album came out mid 2009 so I'm surprised I didn't see it in any 'Best Ofs' from last year (Though I guess I could've missed it!!).

It's just getting a re-release on Superball now (Home of Oceansize).

Well worth a listen if you are into the likes of Minus The Bear, Oceansize, Aerogramme...atc.. They don't really sound like any of them, but you'll hear their influence.

Was quite looking forward to see them when they come over to the UK next week but they've just cancelled their Euro- Trip because the singer has left!! To be honest, I think they'd be just as interesting as an instrumental band.

Six Gallery's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Last edited by barneystorm; May 10, 2010, 05:09 PM.

Re: SIX GALLERY - BREAKTHROUGHS IN MODERN ART

I noticed their name on this article the other day and they got me a little curious. They're on the Superball label (who have Oceansize, Pure Reason Revolution and Long Distance Calling among others).

I haven't gotten around to listening to them extensively yet, but plan to soon.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Re: SIX GALLERY - BREAKTHROUGHS IN MODERN ART

I like it! The guitar reminds me of "Maybeshewill - how to have sex with a ghost". It also reminds me of Nintendo sounds, which is a good thing!

Comment

Working...
      X