Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New Murder By Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Murder By Death

the thing is, even beyond the Johnny Cash-vocal style, they more or less removed the piano, which I found to be one of the best parts of their 1st 2 albums.

I see this band a lot like VAST now. The 1st couple of records were both good, and then they decided to change styles far too much, that they don't even resemble the band or quality that had appeal originally.

like Marillion has said recently, I wish MBD, VAST and a lot of other bands would have changed their name instead of continuing on with the same name but a clear difference in sound. And actually I am seeing that a lot more often now, in some cases for the better (and in some maybe not so much). But at least it gives them a distinction from their earlier/previous band-name's work.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
      the thing is, even beyond the Johnny Cash-vocal style, they more or less removed the piano, which I found to be one of the best parts of their 1st 2 albums.
      I can't disagree with that. I really wanted to see them on the tour they did with Vincent last year. I think I remember them doing a couple of shows of Who Will Survive and Red in succession, which I would have loved to have seen.

I don't think they really removed the piano by chioce. Vincent decided that the travelling musician thing wasn't for him and went back to school. I do agree that he added a lot to their sound, though.
      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Just saw them last night on the first leg of the new tour. Really enjoyed it. Didn't play all that much new stuff. If you liked songs from Red of Tooth you will enjoy the show. They played a lot from that album but also played a fair amount of older stuff.

Comment

Saw them tonight… Disappointed they didn't play Foxglove, but their older stuff intrigued me more now. I think they're one of those bands that I'll forever be seeing, listening to, and, likewise, gutted if they split.
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

agreed
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
            X