Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Traversing.nets Top 50 Albums of the Decade Voting Thread

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
    the only songs that are played in its entirety in california is sober and stinkfist... maybe fourty six and two. all the other songs are cut... specially anything off of lateralus.
    Well, I heard different... like literally heard the songs played in entirety.

Comment

like what songs? because any time i hear lateralus or schism on the radio they cut out huge chunks of the middle. and what radio station are you listening to?
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

I heard it on KSJO when it was around and LIVE 105 did it sometimes, not often. I've never heard Tool on the Bone and I wonder if someone there hates Tool. But yeah, Lateralus a bunch of times, Schism of course, Eulogy, Aenema... bunch of stuff. I can't remember the DJ's name, but during traffic, this guy on KSJO would play Tool all the time and full tracks and then joke about how his bosses hate when he does that.

Comment

The main rock station here in OKC has "Tool Tuesday" where they play unedited songs for two hours straight each week. Even outside of that, I hear Schism, Sober, and 46&2 from time to time (and I almost never listen to the radio to begin with).

Comment

I completely forgot about Laterlaus the actual song. I hear that played in its entirety as well... and that's one of my all time favorite songs, mind you.
            http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

wow... team sleep number 8? cmon guys.
              I have to agree. I love the album and included it in my list, but it would have come in around 35 - 40 had I done them in order. I think it's clear that the list is a list of albums that most people here like, not necessarily everyone's favorites.

I'm just utterly amazed that no John Frusciante made it in the 50. As such, everyone reading this thread should go listen to The Empyrean right now.
              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

You know what I noticed didn't make this list? Kanye West. Black Eyed Peas. Eminem. Gnarls Barkley. Coldplay. Franz Ferdinand. U2. The Shins. Phoenix. Interpol. Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The Strokes.

As long as shit like that is not on the list, I'm very satisfied with it.

There was only one vote for any for any Jonh Frusciante album, so I'm not shocked at all it didn't make it on the list.
                ---
                It's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                  There was only one vote for any for any Jonh Frusciante album, so I'm not shocked at all it didn't make it on the list.
                  Which is shocking enough on its own. I figured there would be more people on here that were receptive to his solo stuff. I'm not a RHCP fan at all, but John has made some great albums.

I'm not petitioning to get the voting changed or anything. Just making observations.

On that note, have you listened to The Empyrean or Curtains? They're both fantastic albums.

Comment

I haven't. Guess I should give them a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                      Which is shocking enough on its own. I figured there would be more people on here that were receptive to his solo stuff. I'm not a RHCP fan at all, but John has made some great albums.

I'm not petitioning to get the voting changed or anything. Just making observations.

On that note, have you listened to The Empyrean or Curtains? They're both fantastic albums.
                      They're good but i don't think they're all that great. He could write a damn good song or two tho... i'll tell ya that much.

He also has an another project going on right now called ataxia. More mars voltaish, since he did guest star on two of their albums if im not mistaken.
                      ---
                      take out TPTPTD and you have my top three.

I think i had frances a little higher... but i would say thats a damn fine top 10 besides kaddisfly. Thats purely a fan boy vote in...

Comment

Thanks for finally finishing it up Gnomad.

I'll fully admit, I don't have any recollection of ever hearing a second of Team Sleep's music.

One thing, perhaps another time/next time, that might have been cool is to have listed the users who voted the highest for said albums. They do that on the Sound Opinions message board polls, and it's kind of interesting to see who voted what highest, etc.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

They're good but i don't think they're all that great. He could write a damn good song or two tho... i'll tell ya that much.

He also has an another project going on right now called ataxia. More mars voltaish, since he did guest star on two of their albums if im not mistaken.
                          ---
                          take out TPTPTD and you have my top three.

I think i had frances a little higher... but i would say thats a damn fine top 10 besides kaddisfly. Thats purely a fan boy vote in...
                          I think Ataxia is on a hold right now. Klinghoffer took John's place in the Chili Peppers, so I don't see it coming back to life any time soon.
                          ---
                          I don't think The Mars Volta is all that great. Different strokes for different folks. Sorry, I said strokes and looked over and saw that guy.

Mods, you should change him to :strokes:

Comment

i like it.

and i actually own three of frusciante's albums, i just don't like the albums as a whole... only snippets here and there.

Comment

This list didn't surprise me hardly at all. I'm not disappointed in the slightest.
                              http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                              seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Then you are our most average member, congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X