Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

brand new - daisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new - daisy

it's out there.

listening to the first track now...all i can say is expect the unexpected haha
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Re: brand new - daisy

I love you, Frank.
    ---
    I just don't know how to describe Vices....
    ---
    I don't think I'll ever know what to think of "Vices". That can't be real, can it? I'm indifferent towards "Bed" right now, but the next 3 ("At The Bottom", "Gasoline", "You Stole") are simply amazing.
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I liked Brand New a lot better when they were brand new.

Comment

it's possible for this album to grow on me, but first impression is that it's very mediocre.
        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Psssh. They've gotten better with each album. I'm not sure if this one will continue that trend though.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I agree completely with that statement.
            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

yeah, really that's an unsustainable trend for any artist, and it does look like their run has finally come to an end. i still enjoy at least 75% of this album though, even though i do think it's missing something intangible that has been present on their last two albums.
              Originally posted by vsd
              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

I think the only song that disappoints me is "Vices"... mainly because it's like "WTF?" It's the only Brand New song I can't say I like.
                ---
                After a few more listens, I really friggin love this CD. Maybe not as much as Devil and God, but that's really tough company.

Comment

didn't care for Brand New at all until TDAGARIOM. And this record seems to continue that stylistic progression so I am loving the new record so far. Stand out tracks for me are : Vices, Be Gone, In A Jar, At The Bottom, Daisy and Noro. Essentially for me, as someone who never really dug Brand New until they had grown up a bit, this record far exceeds anything I ever expected to hear from this band and really enjoy the album. But I entirely understand how long time fans would long for their founding sound.

Comment

I enjoy Your Favorite Weapon, but Deja Entendu was always the record I thought they'd never outdo. I still think it has the largest quantity of killer songs, but as a whole, these last 2 are better.

Comment

Working...
                    X