Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Oceansize - Home and Minor EP (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceansize - Home and Minor EP (2009)

OCEANSIZE's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

The world and it's dog did their 'MTV Unplugged'. David St. Hubbins had his collection of acoustic numbers with the London Philharmonic. Bernie Winters had Schnorbitz. And, at long last, here is the Oceansize equivalent, the 'Home And Minor' EP.

Fear not, Oceansize haven't gone acoustic. There are no 'More Than Words' moments to be found here. Indeed, there's not even actually any acoustic guitar anywhere on it. Moreover, this is a short (*1) collection of our more 'settled' numbers. More reserved, with not a distortion pedal in sight (*2), this lovely EP is a realisation of a plan that's been kicking around our collective brains since before we were signed in 2002. Where in the past we've crowbarred-in every single dynamic, idea and style we could think of into a record, we thought it best this time to present a more thematic and cohesive collection, so's not to disrupt the more fainted-hearted listener from their blub-induced slumber.

Still, it covers plenty of ground, and features a fair few Oceansize firsts such as trumpets, pedal-steel guitar as well as a bit of pumping techno (*3) and some additional vocals from Kate Ray. It is also the first Oceansize record to be made in our own as-yet-unnamed studio in Manchester.

Does this mean Oceansize have finally grown old, knackered, and are necking pints of Horlicks and taking on unhealthy interest in the dog? No, not a bit of it. We are currently holed up in our little bubble, writing fucking reams and reams of material for our next album, some of which is our loudest and most fruity yet. But that's all in the future....

Oceansize is still -

Mark Heron - Drums
    Steven Hodson - Bass/Guitar/Keys
    Gambler - Guitar/Keys
    Steve Durose - Guitar/Vocals
    Mike Vennart - Vocals/Guitar

*1 - Well, short by our standards. Quite long by The Strokes' or Slayer's.
    *2 - except for a couple of bits you probably wont notice until you've heard it ten times.
    *3 - Pumping QUIETLY, of course.

EDIT - The Home And Minor EP will be available in October and will accompanied by a UK/European tour. Watch this space.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Oceansize - Home and Minor EP (2009)

saw this.....

i'm pumped

Comment

here's a trailer/snippet Home and Minor and Feed-To-Feed the new live Boxed Set.

OCEANSIZE - Feed To Feed DVD / Home & Minor EP Trailer. Featuring footage and music from the upcoming "Feed To Feed" DVD & "Home & Minor" EP from OCEANSIZE. ...

also the cover art
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Going to see them in London. YAY. SPAFF SPAFF SPAFF.
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

first samples i've seen of the DVD. Ordered immediately!! Can't wait. Love this BAND!!!!

Go BEARS!!!!!
          a 'lil drunk

Comment

Tracklist:
            1. Legal Teens
            2. Getting Where Water Cannot
            3. Monodrones
            4. Home & Minor
            5. Didnealand
            6. The Strand

Source: Amazon.de
            The O.C. Project
            http://lolo-extreme.myblog.de/
            Right? hoeh'?

Comment

"Legal Teens" is up to stream. Rather mellow, but in a good way.

OCEANSIZE's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Just got Feed To Feed in the mail today. My next couple evenings' schedules just filled up!

Comment

Damn I wish I could afford Feed To Feed.
                  Originally posted by Gnomad
                  How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Oceansize can never disappoint.

Comment

That they don't. Got the Effloresce and Everyone into Position shows watched last night. Along with Music for Nurses EP as the encores those nights, which I loved.

Frames tonight. YAY!

Comment

I've been watching/listening to Feed to Feed since I got it on Saturday. Fucking awesome. And I used to really dislike this band for some reason.

Comment

Legal Teens video
                          OCEANSIZE - Legal Teens (OFFICIAL VIDEO). Taken from the EP "Home & Minor". Supberball Music 2009.
                          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Barely over 24 hours til release and still no leak. Don't think I've ever seen that in all my years of following music.

Comment

Ordered Feed to Feed!!!

Epic win

Comment

Working...
                              X