Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

In search for pain of salvation fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search for pain of salvation fans

Well,pain of salvation is one of my favourite bands,so I wonder if anybody here listens to them?And if you know,then I wonder if anybody knows anything about the upcoming album?

Re: In search for pain of salvation fans

yes, they're one of my favorite bands too. I've seen them 3 times live, including the greatest concert of my life in 2001.

New album is nearly done, but given the circumstances of Insideout/SPV being bankrupt, and the fact they had to bow out of Progressive Nation, WHEN and HOW the album is released is really uncertain.

Daniel Gildenlow posted something on their blog the other day talking some about it. It's a lengthly hyperbole, that he's kind of known to write, but I can copy/paste it if you want.

More folks around here could dig this band. I have mentioned them a few times, but not too much interest for some reason. Especially their albums like "The Perfect Element I" and "Remedy Lane." Very easily, people that like dredg, could enjoy those albums as well.
    Last edited by SoundscapeMN; July 11, 2009, 10:14 PM.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Oh, I would be grateful If you can copy/paste it.These guys are great,I've allso seen them 3 times and one time in an uplugged show when they played second love exclusively for that night!!Maybe the perfect element is my favourite album,but there is also the remedy lane and ''be''.I used to check every book daniel read(from the be dvd) in order to conceive the concept, and tried to buy them!!!I've heard many rumors that the new album will not be a concept.Have you heard anything?
      And this goes to every dredg fan;please check this band.I'm sure you'd like them.They've got a sense of an extreme spirituality,and the music is astonishing.

Comment

Double album; chances are it will be. Every album they've made has been; and it being a DOUBLE ALBUM, I'm not sure how it won't be actually.

Waiting… All just waiting…

Hey all…
        I know that you have all waited to hear about the new album we are working on, longing for more news, inside info, revealing diaries. You have also become a bit worried with this whole thing about shaky record labels and distribution companies. Understandable. Thus, I am (if only for a brief moment) back from the dead to still your hunger a bit.
        Alright, where do I start…? Let’s start with your hunger for news, ok? You are all just spoiled little IT brats, the whole lot of you! Really, there was a time when you could only read about your favorite band’s whereabouts and agendas once or twice a year, in the biggest music magazine, whenever the band’s PR people would push the editors right before a new album release and say “ok, our label will buy an expensive full page add in your magazine, and you give our band a nice spread in color, deal?”…
        What? Cynical? Me? Never!
        Anyway, I don’t say I wish to go back to that time (well, maybe occasionally, just for the magical taste of stale beer and lipstick from a nervous kiss in a dark tent near a sleeping lake, and the distant sound of dying batteries in a cassette player, slowly lowering the key of “Going Blind” as the camp fire settles to cinder… eh… sorry, I’ll get right back on track), but we do inhabit an over-communicative world today, where you are somehow expected to let everyone know as soon as you’re changing pants or brushing your teeth. People use the phrase “coming album” as a bad movie trailer, or one of those panicky needy “after the break” clips that Discovery throws in to try to nail you to the sofa for yet another 12 minutes of Orange County Choppers.

That said, what’s up with the album? Well, it was more or less done. A double album, title and concept all worked out. We were just going to start working on final mixing, mastering and artwork when SPV filed for bankruptcy. So, our last weeks that were meant to be spent on finishing the album went into pulling every lever to make the US tour work out. When that finally went down the drain we had missed the window. I am now focusing my energies on family, with a new baby on its way (expected July 2nd; so young and already pushing deadlines). Right now, the album can’t be finished until we know what’s happening with SPV and InsideOut, and all touring is on hold until we have a set release date. Waiting. Me, the baby, the band, the album, the engineers, InsideOut, SPV, fans… We are all just waiting.
        It’s ironic bordering on funny, how there’s continuously something or someone holding us back. With all band members finally in sync and hungry to shift into highest gear and push every frontier ahead of us, with the most active year ever scheduled, with an album release date set and four good tours planned… we find ourselves in neutral gear, waiting. Trying to keep the energies up and the engines running.
        On the good side - we have the strongest material that we’ve ever made on tape, and the graphical concept will be just stunning. It’s as if, for the first time, everything just locked in position and grooved. And I get to spend time with my newborn baby instead of being away for six weeks. Maybe getting some new perspective on the album and material. I just hope that I can get myself to start working on the album again in August when, undoubtedly, I will have so many new songs and album ideas crying for my attention. See, I am a hungry guy when it comes to creating and exploring, and one part of me already feels that I am done with this album now, time to move on. I mean, personally I have listened to it a million times already. It’s just that little detail of actually getting it wrapped up and sent to the stores…
        To you.
        Waiting…

allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

imago, and anyone else around here I suppose.

Some news I saw on another forum about the new album

Rough translation: "...the new album would feature 2 CDs, 22 songs in a concept similar in style to that of Remedy Lane. The music written is 'different to anything the band has ever done before' featuring experimental and psychedelic style performances."

It also says it will be very different from Scarsick with very short songs (2:30) and longer pieces (longer then 7 minutes)
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Love them. The Perfect Element, One Hour by The Concrete Lake, all great albums.

Comment

ow,thanks soundscape!!!I had no idea about it.but 2 cds;?I wonder how will it sound.If it is reminiscent of the remedy lane era it would be a relief for me.But they are so unpredictable.I believe that the new album would be great as scarsick was.Im just pissed off about some fans who get stuck in the old POS prog style.I like daniels' rapping in spitfall as much as the musicianship in idioglossia.What will we see next?Even disco queen was a great song.Bands like them expand the borders of this music.

Comment

I dunno..I'd like them to write good, epic songs. If they are more like Scarsick texturally, I'm fine. Just come up with some amazing harmonies and shit you know. Daniel can do that..he has on every album.

Also good news about the fact Inside Out music, their label, was recently bailed out financially by Century Media. We may finally see a Pain of Salvation US tour. Maybe opening for Dream Theater next Spring.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Road Salt

new album's title and a bit more info on it. If you don't mind clicking on the link below, you have to register to read for some reason.

Back on track!

cmlogo1Earlier this year SPV (distributors and co-owners of InsideOut Music) declared insolvency and filed for bankruptcy, causing a lot of damage for us and other bands. As for ourselves, the planned album release and four tours were effectively postponed and/or cancelled indefinitely. Therefore we are now happy to announce that we are back on track again, with Century Media picking up InsideOut, together sorting out the sordid mess that SPV caused.

Work on the album has been resumed and we are doing our best to pick up where we left a few months back with new energy. Since you have been waiting for such a long time we will give you some first hand info on the coming album:

rs000227cWe are giving birth to a double album called “Road Salt” - revolving around choices, temptation, sacrifices, passion and the difficult art of giving up. A lot of the intimate issues that have become the core of Pain of Salvation in other words.

The whole album will have a very raw and dry sound, initially described by Daniel as “1976 on steroids”. The music daringly combines the lost worlds of the early Pain of Salvation while at the same time, as always, paving new roads for the band and their fans.

Hey, why not some song titles?
                  Linoleum, Sisters, Gone, No Way…

Road Salt will come with an extensive booklet and will also be available as a double vinyl! No release date has been confirmed yet, but we are looking at 2010 in any case.
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

1. Linoleum
                    2. Mortar Grind
                    3. If You Wait
                    4. Gone
                    5. Bonus Track B
                    6. Yellow Raven (Scorpions)
                    Last edited by SoundscapeMN; November 1, 2009, 11:40 AM.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Haha, they're participating in the swedish eurovision song contest with "Road Salt"

Can not decide if this is win/fail yet...

Comment

yeah I saw that recently. Unsure if it means anything. if they somehow won, I suppose it might.

I did recently receive my copy of the new EP from lasercd.com haven't played it yet tho along with the new Oceansize ep.

Some word also about Road Salt not being a double album now, being split or something. I should go to their facebook page or the remedylane forum to get more up to date information. But it's supposed to be released early next year.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Since the song Road Salt will be on the album the album can't be released until after February 6th.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeBSgfuWL1o

It was awesome. Most watchers were probably weirded out, and so was I too, a bit. Very unusal moment. They passed to the second chance and they aren't done performing in the competition.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SimpatiK; February 7, 2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

yeah I've read a lot about this over the last few days/weeks. The song itself is not bad, but just your standard simple ballad. But to play something for that contest, they'd have to play something more stripped down.

That video isn't syn-ced up unfortunately, so it's awkward to watch.

yeah I just bumped a blog entry with these 2 interviews with Daniel talking about Road Salt, tours and the Eurovision contest.

Pain of Salvation Interview part 1 for Morow.com The Prog Radio january 2010Thanks Daniel Gildenlow

On part 2 of the interview, Daniel tells everything about the "Road salt" concept. Pain of Salvation Interview for Morow.com The Prog Radio january 2010.
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X