Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Michael Jackson just died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson just died

crazy
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Re: Michael Jackson just died

Unconfirmed. Steady on.

Comment

It will be confirmed soon enough.
      ---
      Entertainer Michael Jackson died after being taken to a hospital on Thursday having suffered cardiac arrest, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.

They're not confirming it for privacy reasons.

Comment

Privacy reasons!?

If he had died, they would get a hell of a lot more privacy if they just announced it; the reporters would leave sooner.

Comment

Yeah, I dont think he's dead yet feeling.... dont jump the gun....Im sure he will die, but i think hes in a coma right now....They will probably try to keep him alive for a while.
          ---
          no wait, youre right, he's dead : (

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
            Yeah, I dont think he's dead yet feeling.... dont jump the gun....Im sure he will die, but i think hes in a coma right now....They will probably try to keep him alive for a while.
            Ummm, if he was in cardiac arrest when he arrived, he's brain-dead (unless he was nearly frozen), which I would consider dead, whether they're pumping blood through him or not.
            ---
            Originally posted by Donnie Darko View Post
            no wait, youre right, he's dead : (
            We got crossed up there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                It will be confirmed soon enough.
                ---
                Entertainer Michael Jackson died after being taken to a hospital on Thursday having suffered cardiac arrest, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.

They're not confirming it for privacy reasons.
                The L.A. Times is a leading source of breaking news, entertainment, sports, politics, and more for Southern California and the world.

Top story (of course)...it's confirmed.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

www.cnn.com confirms it. He's dead.

Wow...RIP.
                  last.fm

Comment

Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, now MJ. All in a week.

Crazy.

Comment

Not -completely- surprising

Comment

That... sucks. MJ is the sole reason I took an interest in music. I remember as a kid wearing all my Jackson cassettes into playless states and having to rebuy them again and again. The man was a musical genius, the man IS a music genius, and will forever be in my books. I'm so glad he's left us so many great songs and, with them, a ton of fond memories.

Gone, but not forgotten. :'(
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

RIP, even though he's still a weird weird dude.

Comment

Andrew Sullivan, as usual, says it better than I could:

There are two things to say about him. He was a musical genius; and he was an abused child. By abuse, I do not mean sexual abuse; I mean he was used brutally and callously for money, and clearly imprisoned by a tyrannical father. He had no real childhood and spent much of his later life struggling to get one. He was spiritually and psychologically raped at a very early age - and never recovered. Watching him change his race, his age, and almost his gender, you saw a tortured soul seeking what the rest of us take for granted: a normal life.
                            But he had no compass to find one; no real friends to support and advise him; and money and fame imprisoned him in the delusions of narcissism and self-indulgence. Of course, he bears responsibility for his bizarre life. But the damage done to him by his own family and then by all those motivated more by money and power than by faith and love was irreparable in the end. He died a while ago. He remained for so long a walking human shell.
                            I loved his music. His young voice was almost a miracle, his poise in retrospect eery, his joy, tempered by pain, often unbearably uplifting. He made the greatest music video of all time; and he made some of the greatest records of all time. He was everything our culture worships; and yet he was obviously desperately unhappy, tortured, afraid and alone.
                            I grieve for him; but I also grieve for the culture that created and destroyed him. That culture is ours' and it is a lethal and brutal one: with fame and celebrity as its core values, with money as its sole motive, it chewed this child up and spat him out.
                            I hope he has the peace now he never had in his life. And I pray that such genius will not be so abused again.
                            Originally posted by Gnomad
                            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by cyanskies View Post
                              Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, now MJ. All in a week.

Crazy.
                              I guess its true that it really does happen in threes. For me its weird, as I was never a big fan of Michael's music (for the most part). But what's undeniable is the effect that Michael has had on the music industry, and how many artists/performers he has influenced.

RIP
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8
                              DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X