Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

CLOSURE IN MOSCOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOSURE IN MOSCOW

Anyone else heard this lot yet?

Closure In Moscow's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Remind me of a mix of Chiodos and Mars Volta amongst a few others..touring in the U.S. soon (If not already), I believe

Re: CLOSURE IN MOSCOW

Saw them live last week. One of my favorite releases of the year. Like the Mars Volta, just not as retarded.

Comment

Just listened to this band and i totally disagree with putting them in the same book as mars volta. The only reason someone would say they sound like the volta is because sometimes that CLICHE singer sings vocal lines over measures of music that dosent necessarily fit. Other than that just chords hit at off beats does not make this band like the mars volta.

This band is like chiodos mixed with karnivool. They seem to have promise but something about the way they all mix seems extremely poppy and cliche hardcore.

Plus that guitar sounds really fake sounding.
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
        Saw them live last week. One of my favorite releases of the year. Like the Mars Volta, just not as retarded.

Absolutely.. There is so much that make TMV umnlistenable for me, these guys take the bits I do like and shape it into something good.

Just wondering how you have a fake guitar sound?

Comment

They sound like mars volta, which is fine by me, nice find.

Comment

They sound like The Mars Volta, in the same way Sputnik Monroe sound like The Mars Volta

Comment

I listened to a few of there songs and they intrigue me so I should probably listen more. They are playing here in Des Moines here in a month and a half.
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                They sound like The Mars Volta, in the same way Sputnik Monroe sound like The Mars Volta
                Nah, Sputnik Monroe's vocals don't employ copious amounts of falsetto flavoured with a quivery tremolo. The tempo of the music isn't fast paced with jittery beats. etc.

But I suppose they're both eclectic.

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
                  Nah, Sputnik Monroe's vocals don't employ copious amounts of falsetto flavoured with a quivery tremolo. The tempo of the music isn't fast paced with jittery beats. etc.
                  I've only heard their first album and that's a fairly good description of it right there...
                  ---
                  to clarify, i'm not saying sputnik monroe sounds like Closur in Moscow

just saying they both sound as much like TMV as the other... Which is, not all that much

Comment

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post
                    Absolutely.. There is so much that make TMV umnlistenable for me, these guys take the bits I do like and shape it into something good.

Just wondering how you have a fake guitar sound?
                    the way its recorded... just sounds like the sound has been altered so much it dosent have a feeling to it.

I dunno, the vocalist sounded cheese to me... the solo in the default song was a poor mans attempt at being classic rock. They just seemed way too polished...

just not my cup of tea. And now, i will leave this thread and stop instilling negativity into this thread.

ENJOY!!!
                    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                      I've only heard their first album and that's a fairly good description of it right there...
                      ---
                      to clarify, i'm not saying sputnik monroe sounds like Closur in Moscow

just saying they both sound as much like TMV as the other... Which is, not all that much
                      I know, I was simply countering that by putting into words why Closure sounds like TMV, and from what I've heard of Sputnik, they don't.

But I don't think I've heard their first album, is it recommended?

Comment

the singer sounds like a guy version of the chick from Paramore, mixed with Anthony Green and Cedric Bixler-Zavala. the music sounds a lot like Kaddisfly to me.
                        http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                        seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by FeebleFables View Post
                          But I don't think I've heard their first album, is it recommended?
                          There's some great tracks on it. I haven't listened to it in years though, so it might be worse than I remember it.. hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X