Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light

it's like... honest prog rock... mmm, sounds good, i'll have one.

Comment

Wow, great stuff!!!

Comment

I put this on again today. They have some cool moments every so often. The guitars and vocal lines especially. I guess the 1 sort of puzzling thing to me is the Kaddisfly comparison. I don't really hear it much at all. I would compare them more to groups Damiera, Cave-In and I Mother Earth i suppose. But maybe it's just a matter of perspective.

I want to go back to it a bit more just to see if it grows any more on me, but I suppose right now, it's more of what many eps do for me. There's promise/potential.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Storyline reminds me of Co&Ca, Vocal effect is very similar to Cedrics (TMV), and some melodies remind me of something Anthony Green would use (Circa Survive). The only way I find it similar to Kaddisfly is that the singer seems to use the same writing/melody style as Christopher Ruff and has a great range as well.

I'm actually loving this album.

Comment

Originally posted by Molitoth View Post
            Storyline reminds me of Co&Ca, Vocal effect is very similar to Cedrics (TMV), and some melodies remind me of something Anthony Green would use (Circa Survive). The only way I find it similar to Kaddisfly is that the singer seems to use the same writing/melody style as Christopher Ruff and has a great range as well.

I'm actually loving this album.
            that's funny - i saw FOR FANS OF: circa survive, the mars volta, and coheed and cambria on another post. you just mentioned all three.

these guys are playing with DREDG next month in San Diego actually.

Comment

found some of their set on youtube! sounds awesome... these guys are going to blow up soon i just know it.

enjoyyyyyyyyy.

Comment

CON on rock band... the 1st song on the cd, "the complexity of light."

that will be... epic.

Comment

happy new year with a band new song siiiick.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Finally bought their EP yesterday. Now I just gotta wait on the USPS for delivery...
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Debut album: Impossible Landscape due out in March

New Song:

Comment

I did the Kickstarter donation thing with these guys and am eagerly awaitin' their debut LP! I can't believe I first heard about these guys over two years ago!

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

New album came in the mail today and after only two listens I'm really diggin' it! Fine piece of work these guys put out.

Comment

It's decent, but I must say, I'm a bit dissapointed. It's not as progressive as their EP, which is a let down, and it's unfortunate that a singer with such an amazing note range has such a small style range. 90% of the album is sung in the same loud-drawn-out-voice. All in all because of that (and to a lesser extent the guitars and song structures) I think the songs are way too samey. Maybe it's a grower though.

Comment

Working...
                            X