Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's kind of funny because that made me think of a video me and my friends made in high school....long story short during the video was over the course of a whole day and it showed us getting into our car and driving (we were Pizza boys)....and every time we got in the car we had "Close to the Edge" was playing
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Comment

• ^you guys just used the music for background during the video?..not a bad choice if so.."Roundabout" actually would have been good too..especially considering the lyrics.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SoundscapeMN
          ^you guys just used the music for background during the video?..not a bad choice if so.."Roundabout" actually would have been good too..especially considering the lyrics.
          Ya kinda, just while we were traveling in the car, we picked that song just because we wanted to make fun of how long it was.

Comment

• JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!
            Originally posted by kata rokkar
            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

• Originally posted by jsbedlam
              wow i remember earthtone9 . . . got a few of their albums around here somewhere . . .
              I've got all their stuff - including some rarer releases.

Who wants a copy of Omega?
              (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• i think omega might be the one i don't have . . . what's on it again?
                Originally posted by kata rokkar
                Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

• I'll take Omega!

This Delta Activity stuff you guys posted is starting to really grow on me, where are these guys from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wintersky
                    This Delta Activity stuff you guys posted is starting to really grow on me, where are these guys from?
                    San Jose, CA.  They're good friends of the Strata and Dredg guys.  The singer (Ben Henderson) is now in a band called The Good Hustle, who opened for Dredg in the last Santa Cruz shows they played.  Fucking Bay Area scene, man... you guys are missing out.  Or were.  The glory days peaked around 2002, before they started shutting all the good clubs down.  I long for the days of Papa Roach, Trapt, Salmon, Divided and Dredg in a single show.

Comment

• Papa Roach was never my cup of tea, and Trapt had headstrong which was good at best (at least by my tastes). Salmon I think I've listened to a little and don't remember, possible the same with Divided. Now those dredg guys, they can go rot in a gutter. Their drummer is especially shitty.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                      Originally posted by noclevername
                      stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

• Originally posted by erikpemberton
                        Originally posted by Wintersky
                        you guys are missing out.  Or were.  The glory days peaked around 2002, before they started shutting all the good clubs down.  I long for the days of Papa Roach, Trapt, Salmon, Divided and Dredg in a single show.

Ya, you have no idea man  :cry: ....I'm from toledo,ohio and its not a SMALL city, and we are even close to Detroit and Cleveland, but the scene in either of those cities just sucks. This shitty emo band We Are the  Fury , is from here and everyone is just marveled over them. I mean there's just nothing.

Comment

• Omega

Hi-Point EP

I have two editions of Hi-Point EP. I thought i'd give you the better mixed version...

My brother tells me Karl Middleton works at his university (BIMM - Brighton Institute for Modern Music) as a lecturer/grounds person or something like that.
                          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

• ill tell you why the glory days have passed. Im a member of a band in the bay area and the reason to why there is not as many good local bands is because there is NO where for a band to get an affordable room to practice in, and if you do find one theres some shady shit going down, or theres rules and regulations to when you can jam. And the clubs shutting down of course.

papa roach sucks and sucked, trapt sucks and sucked, divided was good in the hay day when they had the guitarist who played the double neck. that guy was the shit.
                            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

• Originally posted by cribble
                              Omega

Hi-Point EP

I have two editions of Hi-Point EP. I thought i'd give you the better mixed version...

My brother tells me Karl Middleton works at his university (BIMM - Brighton Institute for Modern Music) as a lecturer/grounds person or something like that.
                              He had another band called The Blueprint, of which I have only heard a few songs. It would be cool to get some of that action though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sittingsideways
                                divided was good in the hay day when they had the guitarist who played the double neck. that guy was the shit.
                                Their singer just started working at my company.  He's a pretty good friend of mine.  Their bassist, too.  That was one band I wish would have stayed together and made it, they had something really special.  Obviously since you've seen PB play, you know that when he wasn't in a drunken stupor, he was a fucking virtuoso.

The only reason Divided never went anywhere was because of the infighting and lack of commitment the various members had.  One of the bigger Downside shows back at the Gaslighter was pretty much the breaking point, as I understand it.  Mike McGee was doing some stand-up in between bands and PB was just standing in the entrance to the lower area (next to the bar) shouting "YOU SUCK" really loudly.  Everyone was embarrassed that he was drunk off his ass and making such a scene.  I think that was only a few weeks before they broke up the first time.  Then they found Josh and were inspired to resurrect Divided with him, but they were never really able to get the same vibe going.

The newer demos they were working on were fucking brilliant... I wish they'd have gotten that shit recorded before breaking up.  Especially "Karma."  That song was one of the best tracks they ever did.

Ryan (vocalist) is in a new project called Left Of Christ.  Pretty good shit.  PB has since sobered up and is working with Jade Of Days.  So is Nelson (bassist).

Comment

Working...
                                X