Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Cigarette Prices in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sittingsideways
    replied
    Re: Cigarette Prices in US

yeah i agree... banning in bars is dumb. But ciggs are fucken gross and i dont know why people enjoy smoking them. At least pot tastes good.

Leave a comment:

• redmosqui
    replied

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
    In California, banning smoking in public facilities wasn't about customers, it was about the employees that had no choice but to be there.
    Yes they did, they had a choice, they CHOSE to work there...

Banning it everywhere inside except bars made sense to me, it's A BAR, I mean come ON.

Leave a comment:

• Dredg
    replied

well I figured something changed..I've been paying $6.50 and I noticed it was up to $7.50ish..eh more of a reason to quit suppose

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post
    well indoor smoking i dont particularly care about, unless its in a bar. they shouldnt ban it in a bar. if people cared about their health so much, they wouldnt be getting drunk, since that is "bad for you" too.

not to be overdramatic, but this sort of thing is what caused the original revolution against england. excess taxation on things.
    In California, banning smoking in public facilities wasn't about customers, it was about the employees that had no choice but to be there.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Nit
    replied

what about live shows at bars? and why does the smoking ban always have to be about health? just because i'm destroying my liver doesn't mean i should have to struggle to breathe while i do so.

Leave a comment:

• drummerjs
    replied

well indoor smoking i dont particularly care about, unless its in a bar. they shouldnt ban it in a bar. if people cared about their health so much, they wouldnt be getting drunk, since that is "bad for you" too.

not to be overdramatic, but this sort of thing is what caused the original revolution against england. excess taxation on things.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Nit
    replied

kids aren't smoking like they used to so they've gotta raise the prices on the already addicted. luckily, i am not one of them.

my dad's pissed though.

Leave a comment:

• emptyzero
    replied

yeah who cares. minnesota banned smoking indoors a couple years ago and it's great.

they are $5.50-6.50 here.

edit: my dad buys some small cigar in phoenix. he said they went from $3.50 a pack to 7.00.

Leave a comment:

• drummerjs
    replied

i have to say fuck whoever thought of this new tax. that is a god damned shame.

Leave a comment:

• IKnockStuffDown
    replied

Originally posted by One Second Clubber View Post
    I just saw that on digg.

The tax on RYO tobacco goes from $1.10 per pound to $24.78 per pound. That's more than 2,100 percent!
    I don't care if you're for or against tobacco, that is just a fucking ridiculous tax for anything.

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gnomad
    replied

That explains why I paid $6 for a pack, yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• drummerjs
    replied

you sir need to get on that awesome shit called tobacco.

Leave a comment:

• One Second Clubber
    replied

I'm (obviously) not down with raising taxes on anything, but since I don't give a damn about Ciggy's, I really don't give a rats arse...

Leave a comment:

• Lye In Your Eye
    replied

They're like 7-8$ a pack here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X