Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Porcupine Tree's new album (2009) info

Saw them once. Great show. Though it was right after Deadwing came out so they barely played anything from previous albums.
    BLOG
    DEPTHS
    RABBIT HOLE

Comment

i saw them touring for In Absentia... One of my all time favorite concerts
      It was after they started playing trains live (can't believe they thought it wouldn't work live)
      Back then colin played fretless only, i have no idea why he stopped doing that?

Comment

the Opeth Damnation tour w/ PT was an excellent tour. One of my favorite concerts certainly.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I've seen them three times now. Once was back when they were playing the two-part sets, the first showcasing material from the soon to be recorded Fear Of A Blank Planet. And on their last tour I saw they played one of my favorite older songs "Dark Matter." Fucking awesome live.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post
            Tired and boring? That's an opinion and you are welcome to it!! Flat and lifeless production??? Don't think I've ever heard that aimed at a PT release.

Much as I love PT's music, I won't be going to see them live this time round..and probably never again. The cost of the tickets has DOUBLED from the last tour to this one -it's not like they've had a breakthrough album or song since then- in fact they've released bugger all. Much as I like 'em the thick end of 40 notes is simply too much.

Ah, should've been a bit more specific. I love their other albums. Deadwing especially. It's just Fear Of A Blank Planet was flat sounding. Like, heck, it's a great, clean recording, but the mix does nothing for me - unresponsive mixing, imo (I've always wanted to use imo somewhere... and now I've done done it, yay). Opeth production is awesome though!

£40 to see them... Fuck that... Who do they think they are? Prince?
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I think Deadwing sounds flat. The guitars on that album have absolutely no punch whatsoever for me. The distortion is just too smooth

Fear of a bla bla, has better production in my view. But they're both far away from the perfection that is In Absentia

Comment

Oh, and that clicky clicky metal kick drum sounds. KICKS DON'T MAKE A CLICK.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

The bass drum sound on Deadwing sounds like a fucking fart. I hate it. In Absentia's production is perfect and the remasterings of the older albums are great. FOABP has a very classic rock feel to it which I like.
                  BLOG
                  DEPTHS
                  RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Another album with perfect production is Signify. Another one of my absolute favorites

Comment

I like porcupine, yah ok good new progressive rock, and steven W, I think he's ok to be a guitarist and he has good riffs, good producer, good musician, but yah his music is flat, they have no heart in the tracks, i don't feel the soul in it, maybe it has the best energy, but no soul into music, anyway not a bad band, but they need to focus on the in-music rather just than playing good riffs and banging their heads

Comment

they just announced they're doing a short US tour in the Fall. 1st few dates..

The Warfield San Francisco, CA
                        Fri, 09/18/09
                        09:00 PM
                        More Info
                        on sale:Sun, 03/29/09
                        10:00 AM

CLUB NOKIA Los Angeles, CA
                        Sat, 09/19/09
                        06:30 PM
                        More Info
                        presale begins:Thu, 03/26/09
                        10:00 AM

also:
                        "There will be Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NY (2), and Philly shows, a Cleveland and Chi-town show and.... wait for it....Looks as though Seattle and Portland are back in business this time around too"
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                          Another album with perfect production is Signify. Another one of my absolute favorites
                          Signify is awesome. Sever is epic, Waiting is awesome as well.
                          I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

The tickets for the U.S. shows seem to be the same in dollars what we are being asked to pay in pounds (i.e- U.S. tickets $25 - $30, UK Tickets £25 - £30 + Ticketbastard charges) Given that the exchange rate is hovering just below £1 = $1.50 that's quite a significant extra cost on the UK ticket prices.. and when you consider they live here.. well... anyway , screw them!!!

Comment

Where've you been? Live shows are always more expensive here in europe

Comment

The band is happy to announce its upcoming Autumn US tour in support of its new album. The following dates have been confirmed:

Tue 15 Sep SEATTLE, WA MOORE THEATER
                                Wed 16 Sep PORTLAND, OR ROSELAND
                                Fri 18 Sep SAN FRANCISCO WARFIELD
                                Sat 19 Sep LOS ANGELES CLUB NOKIA
                                Mon 21 Sep CLEVELAND, OH HOUSE OF BLUES
                                Tue 22 Sep CHICAGO, IL VIC THEATER
                                Thu 24 Sep NY, NY TERMINAL 5
                                Sat 26 Sep PHILLY ELECTRIC FACTORY
                                Sun 27 Sep BOSTON, MA HOUSE OF BLUES
                                Tue 29 Sep MONTREAL METROPOLIS
                                Wed 30 Sep TORONTO QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Supporting PT in Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco: That 1 Guy
                                In Los Angeles: Bigelf
                                Remaining Dates: King's X

US TICKET INFORMATION
                                ROABP, the band’s ticketing club, has tickets available for all shows, and are available to ROABP members starting THIS FRIDAY, April 10.

For more information on ROABP presale tickets for both the US and European tour dates, click here.

Onsale dates for the general public are all on April 17, except Boston and Chicago, which are on sale April 18, and San Francisco, on sale April 19.

Venue Ticket Information:

Seattle
                                Portland
                                San Francisco
                                Los Angeles
                                Cleveland
                                Chicago
                                New York
                                Philadelphia
                                Boston
                                allmediareviewsblog

twitter