Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundscapeMN
    replied
    Re: Porcupine Tree's new album "The Incident" (2009)

it's a strong 4-star record right now for me. The themes and flow of the whole thing works. It doesn't feel 76 minutes long.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

Yay, the special edition is here! Puttin' it on right now, thoughts later...

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

I don't like Signify that much. Not that many great songs. Deadwing and Stupid Dream are my top picks. The Incident is about the same as FOABP. Can't decide if it's better or worse yet.

Leave a comment:

• Corroded Halo
    replied

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
    Porcupine Tree is a band I haven't been able to decide if I like or not for about 6 years. Sometimes I listen to the older stuff and the live stuff like Coma Divine and I think they're brilliant, other times it just strikes me a unimaginative and boring. I will say In Absentia is pretty damn good though and although the lyrics suck on a lot of it, FOABP was solid musically. I thought Deadwing was absolute crap though for some reason with the single exception of Arriving Somewhere, which was saved mostly by the awesome Mikael Akerfelt solo.

I should probably go see them. Heard good things about their live show.
    I know what you mean, even though I'm definitely a fan of theirs. SW has stated in interviews that his favorite aspect of the musical process is production, and sometimes I get the feeling that may be a reason why his work can come off as slightly "unimaginative," "predictable" or "uninspired;" perhaps he writes songs more as an excuse to tinker with sound files and produce a record than just for the sake of writing them.

I also find the highlight of their career to be the span of albums from Signify to Lightbulb Sun, and while I also love the metal-based sound they evolved into starting with In Absentia, I feel like things have became slightly formulaic and predictable since Deadwing (including this newest album, after several listens now). The lyrics on The Incident are nowhere near as bad as FoaBP, but still make me groan in a few spots.

Leave a comment:

• AnewKINDofFEELING
    replied

I'm sure my dad has the DTS mix on pre-order. Can't wait to hear it. I think it's probably going to lend itself very nicely to that medium. It seems that he has taken to writing major soundscapes and the stereo mixes are kind of flat. That's just my untrained opinion, though. I love the production of the older stuff. Chris Maitland will always hold a special place in my heart.
    ---
    I'm liking disc 2 WAY more than disc 1 so far.

Leave a comment:

• oO dredgolfo Oo
    replied

My deluxe edition better come this week! Dying to get it.

Leave a comment:

• noresolution
    replied

Porcupine Tree is a band I haven't been able to decide if I like or not for about 6 years. Sometimes I listen to the older stuff and the live stuff like Coma Divine and I think they're brilliant, other times it just strikes me a unimaginative and boring. I will say In Absentia is pretty damn good though and although the lyrics suck on a lot of it, FOABP was solid musically. I thought Deadwing was absolute crap though for some reason with the single exception of Arriving Somewhere, which was saved mostly by the awesome Mikael Akerfelt solo.

I should probably go see them. Heard good things about their live show.

Leave a comment:

• Kyte30351
    replied

I should have mine either tomorrow or Wednesday! I can hold out till then.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

Fuck yeah

Leave a comment:

• barneystorm
    replied

Hang on for a bit longer as there are some copies actually shipping now- some people on the PT list are getting theirs in the post already.

Leave a comment:

• SoundscapeMN
    replied

thanks. Yeah, I noticed some better rips finally coming up the last few days,with my limited time online. Getting a new pc on Tuesday as my most recent one bit the dust late last week.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied

Yup Yup!

The Incident (2009) | VBR V0 kbps | 130 mb

or

Leave a comment:

• plinian
    replied

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
    I've kept my hands off up until now so I might as well wait until a decent rip.
    Porcupine Tree - The Incident (Advance) [2009/CD/MP3/V0(VBR)/Log] is apparently out. Might want to look in the iron skillet and grab some maple syrup. Just be sure to tip the artist.
    Last edited by plinian; September 5, 2009, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SimpatiK
    replied

I've kept my hands off up until now so I might as well wait until a decent rip.

Leave a comment:

• plinian
    replied

Yes, the rip is from a stream. But this is still the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!! I was going to delete this after initial listen because of the quality being horrid; however, it's so damn good I keep listening. I have no patience even though I have this preodered.
    Last edited by plinian; September 3, 2009, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X