Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Muse: upcoming album (2009?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muse: upcoming album (2009?)

some news about the next album..heavy classical influence?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

By Georgie Rogers
    6 Music News reporter

The band have their own recording studios at Lake Como in Italy
    Muse's new studio album could see them move away from their traditional rock sound to create a more "orchestral", classical offering.

Frontman Matt Bellamy said: "There's some really brilliant songs coming out, some of our best material I think."

The follow-up to 2006's Black Holes And Revelations is expected later this year coinciding with an Autumn tour.

Last month, the Devon band picked up the NME award for best live band for the second year in a row.

Speaking to BBC 6 Music, Bellamy revealed the record's sound could see the band abandoning their traditional rock leanings completely. We'll be knocking on Classic FM's door, you know

Muse frontman, Matt Bellamy

"A symphonic album has turned up here, like a full collaboration with an orchestra," he said.

"There's definitely a few things on the album which are segueing into each other and it's all very orchestral, but that could take over the album, so it could actually be kind of classical act basically, and move away from rock all together.

"We'll be knocking on Classic FM's door, you know?"
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Muse: upcoming album (2009?)

Frontman Matt Bellamy said: "There's some really brilliant songs coming out, some of our best material I think."
    of course you would say that you arrogant prick!

I'll probably agree with him when it comes out though, looking very much forward to this! (09 will be an amazing year for music indeed)

Comment

Re: Muse: upcoming album (2009?)

i like the sound of that.
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
      X