Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Christian Bale is officially an asshat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Bale is officially an asshat

I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Re: Christian Bale is officially an asshat

British Psycho

Comment

This on top of his being a horrible actor could mean I never watch another one of his movies.

Comment

most actors are assholes. That doesn't stop me from watching films.

Have you seen The Machinist?

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
          most actors are assholes. That doesn't stop me from watching films.

Have you seen The Machinist?
          No, but I've seen enough of his movies to make a judgement. The guy is a horrible actor.

Comment

guy ruins two shots, wasting a ton of money, and a crew of 50 peoples time
            and bale is the asshat

gg

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
              and bale is the asshat

gg
              Sorry, but that guy has a job to do, too. What if the scene had been completed and the lighting was trashed?

And do you think everyone went off the clock for Bale's rant? I doubt it. Not just that, but Bale tried to physically assault the guy. Bale is a douchebag prima donna.

Comment

NO... NOO...

cribble added 0 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

ARE YOU PROFESSIONAL.
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

"If everyone really knew what a jerk I am in real life, I wouldn't be so adored in the slightest." - Christian Bale

AnewKINDofFEELING added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                  ARE YOU PROFESSIONAL.
                  I like how he asks the guy that while acting entirely unprofessional.

Comment

its probably a combination of the two.

And bale is a good actor in some films. American Psycho? The Machinist? Batman Begins? The Dark Knight? All really good jobs.

He's had his stinkers tho. The magician film was pretty bad, And lets all not forget Shaft the remake.
                    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                      its probably a combination of the two.

And bale is a good actor in some films. American Psycho? The Machinist? Batman Begins? The Dark Knight? All really good jobs.

He's had his stinkers tho. The magician film was pretty bad, And lets all not forget Shaft the remake.
                      Honestly, he did okay in the Batman movies, but the bar wasn't set very high there. As far as American Psycho, that movie was a total turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
                        and bale is the asshat
                        /agree

not to mention that bale seems kinda method from what i've heard, so i can understand it being really difficult to get into the right mindset to do a scene, and in the right place emotionally to put the best performance in, and then some dweeb comes tooling along like he's out for a stroll on the promenade. lighting and sound and stuff gets set up the same for every take, and it's very mechanical, but acting is an emotional craft and since bale doesn't do a lot of meaningless rom-coms i can understand how difficult it must be for him to get it just right.

there is, of course, absolutely no excuse for the batman cookie monster voice. one of the shots in the t4 trailer looked like it had the same thing in it. *shudder* if i ever meet him i will tell him that i am a fan and love his work but if he doesn't stop cookie monstering movies, i will fuck his balls up with a melon scooper.

Comment

yeah i agree with the cookie monstering... i thought he did an okay job with the actual batman character but did an good job with bruce wayne.
                          Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                            yeah i agree with the cookie monstering... i thought he did a HORRIBLE job with the actual batman character but did an GREAT job with bruce wayne.
                            fixed. cookie monster voice should never be in any movie other than The Sesame Street movie.
                            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Seriously, I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but we don't know the whole story. Knifeboy is right, that shit is not cheap in the slightest. And what does being a bad actor have anything to do with it? A guy could be a terrible musician, but I could understand him getting angry if someone kept fucking up his recordings. ANY job with someone fucking around could just fucking ruin your day that hard. We had a guy that thought it was funny going around the test area shutting off systems while people were working or unplugging cables for no reason. Eventually, we had to hold someone back from beating the shit out of him. My friend Ryan had been working on a bug all day long, a long and time consuming bug that didn't happen 100% of the time. He was stressed, he'd been working 10 hours already and he was just doing the same thing over and over all day long and out of no where, this guy presses the power button on his system just before he would have had the bug. Ryan leapt from his chair and someone had to grab him to keep him from destroying that guy. I hadn't seen anyone that angry before. Also had a guy bring down the bug database for an hour... twice. Nice guy, but fuck him. He ruined my week pretty hard with that shit.

If you're stressed, you're working your ass off and it's been a long day, of course some asshole being an idiot or just not paying attention is going to anger you.

Gnomad added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Oh, and who cares what kind of guy he is? I watch his movies, I don't hang out with him. It's like everyone saying "Oh, Tom Cruise is weird. That's why I won't watch his movies." I could understand not liking his acting, but because of who he is personally? You don't know him, you just read about him in some magazine that's absolutely going to trash his ass because it sells more copies.

And fucking TMZ? Seriously? Fuck...

Man, I don't know what happened... I had a great day and everything and I'm not even angry... I gotta lay off the red bull...
                              Last edited by Gnomad; February 4, 2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X